JN2 Monkey Isle

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

JN2 Monkey Isle

Post by Solomoriah »

Post your comments here for J. D. Neal's Monkey Isle.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#jn2
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jdn2006

Re: JN2 Monkey Isle

Post by jdn2006 »

I did an edit of this to try to get it finished. Ome of the files are too big to upload locally (5 megabyte limit) so I went ahead and used KeepAndShare:

Last edited by jdn2006 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've reset the limit to 10 MB.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I updated the text to get rid of some errors, add a few concepts I wanted, and tweaked the maps some (to the above keep-and-share links).
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Well, shoot. I just posted the R2 version you sent me back in November. Now I see you have an R3 version already posted here.

I'll download it and get it on the main site soon.

Seriously.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Adventure (zipped folder):

Latest version. I reorganized some of the text to keep it together. I changed the map to make it broader and simplified the preset encounters for the land to just numbers. I started running out of ideas for preset encounters.

Added a few bits of filler art.
Last edited by jdn2006 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

JD, there's quite a lot of stuff in those zip files. Is the adventure complete in the ODT file? That is, if I regenerate the PDF to fix the fonts, is everything else already there, or do I need to embed some of the other material?
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote:JD, there's quite a lot of stuff in those zip files. Is the adventure complete in the ODT file? That is, if I regenerate the PDF to fix the fonts, is everything else already there, or do I need to embed some of the other material?
The ODT file is independent and should contain the final text. etc. unless I made a mistake.

This morning I uploaded the latest verion to remove numbered spaces I had open for expansion, etc. I don't plan to make any changes except for errors (and then only after making letting you know I'm working on it) or anything you might think needs to be changed.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've posted your most current Chaotic Caves and Monkey Isle tonight; I'll edit them and post updated, edited releases in the next couple of weeks. Editing will probably take several passes.

Anyone who is interested in helping is encouraged to download either or both of the modules and give them a read. Any problems you see, post them in the relevant thread or email me directly and I'll deal with corrections. J.D. might jump in and comment on any problems found also. Anyone who submits corrections, or just points out problems with the text, will get proofreader credit on the module(s).
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

Solomoriah wrote:I've posted your most current Chaotic Caves and Monkey Isle tonight; I'll edit them and post updated, edited releases in the next couple of weeks. Editing will probably take several passes.

Anyone who is interested in helping is encouraged to download either or both of the modules and give them a read. Any problems you see, post them in the relevant thread or email me directly and I'll deal with corrections. J.D. might jump in and comment on any problems found also. Anyone who submits corrections, or just points out problems with the text, will get proofreader credit on the module(s).
Are you doing any edits? If so I can wait (I'm making a list of corrections).

If not, I'm looking at the latest version and could upload corrections and additions (some stats are missing, etc.)