Chapter 2: The Journey to Lakeford

This forum is for the rotating GM campaign started by Joe the Rat.

Moderator: Joe the Rat

Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 2: The Journey to Lakeford

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Bears huh, dang, it would have been nice to be a wizard for just a moment?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hamish readies his spear and quietly says, "Draw weapons and form up on me," gesturing to indicate that the others should stand beside him.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah wrote:Hamish readies his spear and quietly says, "Draw weapons and form up on me," gesturing to indicate that the others should stand beside him.
Hearing the directives from the experienced warrior, Galen quietly prods the rest of the party into awareness (including kobold, cook, etc.) with a finger across his mouth in the traditional "shhhh" gesture, and then he moves into a position near Hamish with bow readied. He nervously tries to get a view of the beasts with his darkvision (Half-Elf). If his vantage gives any further info, he will whisper it to his nearby fellows.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
jcm

Post by jcm »

Selene keeps the arrow nocked and waits for the rest of the party to come up alongside.

OOC: Glad it didn't turn into a boy-who-cried-wolf situation.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((i've already shot at one bear))
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Saeloria will take up position behind Hamish and start readying a Magic Missile spell.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

A little clarification on the layout, as it may become relevant: With the angling of the stone "porch," the westmost edge keeps you 10' off the ground, but by about halfway across becomes level with the ground.
Solomoriah wrote:Hamish readies his spear and quietly says, "Draw weapons and form up on me," gesturing to indicate that the others should stand beside him.
Noted.
SmootRK wrote: Hearing the directives from the experienced warrior, Galen quietly prods the rest of the party into awareness (including kobold, cook, etc.) with a finger across his mouth in the traditional "shhhh" gesture, and then he moves into a position near Hamish with bow readied. He nervously tries to get a view of the beasts with his darkvision (Half-Elf). If his vantage gives any further info, he will whisper it to his nearby fellows.
The cook rouses slowly, and nervously, but nods and gets up. If you trust him with one, he'll take a crossbow. The Kobold also nods, scurries up to the edge over the horses, and swears in Koboldish. He then gets behind Hamish, whispering "Orsoi."
Bill joins the line, crossbow at the ready.

The shapes are beyond Galen's darkvision, but the silhouette certainly looks bearish.
jcm wrote:Selene keeps the arrow nocked and waits for the rest of the party to come up alongside.
Blazeguard wrote:Saeloria will take up position behind Hamish and start readying a Magic Missile spell.
The kobold gets behind Saeloria.
Hywaywolf wrote: No I will do what I started to do. shoot the first beast with an arrow
As everyone starts assembling into a firing line, Muddle looses an arrow at one of the bears. The bear replies with an angry roar, the arrow having found its mark. (3 damage)

Initiative:
Muddle: 8
Galen: 6
Selene: 5
Hamish: 5
Racht(Kobold): 4
Bears: 4
Saeloria: 2
Bill and Oleg: 2
Go with a smile!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

If it appears he will be charged by a bear, Hamish will set his spear to receive the charge; otherwise, he'll simply attack if approached.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jcm

Post by jcm »

Selene looses an arrow as well.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

jcm wrote:Selene looses an arrow as well.
As does Galen, keeping behind our stout warrior's line of defense.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?