1) Undermountain, the beginning.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

Re: Undermountain, the beginning.

Post by Jandolar »

Durnan quickly smiles and replies It just so happens I have a friend in the trade business. He sells just about anything from the mundane to the magical. Tell me what you want and I'll ask or I can have a complete list and prices available in an hour or so. Whatever you purchase will be delivered here before you enter the well.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

On the off chance that you want a full list of items for sale Durnan offers to send it up to your room so that all of you may look at it. His only comment is This is Undermountain treasure, some of it may be unfamiliar to you.

About an hour later there is a knock at the door. A boy of about 13, thin and tall stands there with a scroll tube in one hand. The other hand rests on a dagger hilt in an attempted show of authority. My master offers this to the map maker of the COS. A gold piece is required, payed to me, for the script. You will mark your choices upon the script. Payment is due within 3 hours. I'll wait down stairs for your choices.

This is the list of items for sale/trade. You can offer whatever you like. The yes/no is decided by the merchant. (I'll put in the dice rolls for game mechanics so you know what you're looking at, most of these are non-BFRPG items)

Potions
5 potions of Extra Healing (heals 7d8 of hit points) 80gp per potion.
1 potion of Dragon Control (controls one wyrm for 1d2 rounds) 9,000gp
25 potions of healing (heals 3d8 of hit points) 15gp per potion.
3 potions of Levitation (the subject can levitate and control with thought the direction of levitation for 10 rounds) 75gp per potion.
1 potion of Speed (doubles the subjects movement and attacks for 3 rounds) 25gp.

Rings.
1 ring of Feather Fall (at will the subject can fall as if a feather, not much control on direction but the subject can fall any distance without damage) 50gp.
2 rings of Protection +2 (add +2 to armor class and all saves) 100gp per ring.
2 rings of Protection +4 (add +4 to armor class and all saves) 200gp per ring.
1 ring of Protection +6 (add +6 to armor class and all saves, subject is immune to hold person, web and slow {as per spells})1000gp
1 ring of Spell Storing (subject must be a Magic User. Subject can cast 4 first level Magic User spells, 3 second level Magic User spells and 1 third level Magic User spell from the ring, subject must memorize and cast his/her chosen spells into the ring. From that point on the ring will hold those spells and make them available for use. Each 24 hour period the ring will "re-memorize" those spells for use again just like a MU re-memorizes his/her spells for use.)800gp.
1 Ring of The Magi (Subject must be a Magic User. Subject has armor class of 16 ,not counting dex bonus, but is not allowed to wear any armor, the wear of any armor negates the rings effects) 1120gp.

Weapons
Hammer +3 Dwarven Thrower (+3 to all attacks, in the hands of a Dwarf this becomes a "Dwarven Bow". The hammer can be thrown with +3 from the hammer along with the attack bonus and str and dex combined. With a successful attack roll the hammer {after dealing damage} returns instantly to the subjects hand for use again. If the attack roll is a miss the hammer does no damage and returns to the subjects belt, usable next round. If the attack roll is a fumble the hammer falls to the ground and remains there until it's owner retrieves it.) 5500gp

Misc
I girdle of Giant Strength (this light blue belt of tightly woven hair grants the wearer the ability to carry 6000lbs, grants a bonus of +9 to hit on top of the subjects AB and adds a +15 to all melee damage rolls). 7000gp.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

(OOC you can always offer to trade some things you have for things you want)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen looks over the list then checks his purse. A bit of dust is dispersed into the air as he unties it. He picks out a few dust bunnies, a bit of dried chicken bones, and what looks like a scattering of mouse nuggets. He then digs a bit deeper in the corners and variously pushes things about.

"Ah, hmmm, well," he looks at the list again, and then back into his purse. "Ah, hmmmm, well, I suppose 1 potion of healing will be enough. Ahh, lets go for broke. I shall offer 20 gp for 2 potions of healing."

He then indicates such on the sheet.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

(OOC the list can represent a "group buy", you also have the "credit" buy against the group worth.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Another knock on the door. Upon opening there is a messenger there, a dwarf. Master Rykken there is a dwarf at the trade post with wares to sell. Armor and weapons sir you should REALLY come look at these. The messenger colors a bit and shuffles his feet. Quickly sir
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"Wares you say? Well that does sound intriguing. I shall be along momentarily." Rykken shoos the boy out and then turns to the others. "Well, I have no use for weapons and armour but it won't hurt to take a look. Who wants to come along?"

He will then head over to the shop along with anyone who wants to tag along.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen, always a student of the behaviors of the underclasses, thinks this may turn out to be interesting. He tags along.

(further action takes place in the Apothecary thread where Rykken buys a questionable wagonload of armor from a shifty dwarf. In the post following this one Rykken comes back to the Inn to announce that he is selling that armor.)
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Returning to the inn, Rykken moves to the center of the room and with a shrill whistle quiets the room and gathers everyone's attention.

In a loud voice he declares, "To celebrate the winning draw, I have decided to have a Going Away Sale! I have just received a special shipment of armour and will be blowing it out for coppers on the gold. Come by and prepare yourself for your own journey into Undermountain. The sale will run until we depart tomorrow morning."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia is happy with her arms for now, but marks down three potions of healing for her, setting aside a small pile of coins.

"Hm... not quite enough..."

She scampers down to the stables, leaving a small note on the nightstand in the party's room.

Had to get a little extra gold. Back in five. --H