Basic Fantasy Creature List Spreadsheet by Mike Roop

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
jdn2006

Re: Basic Fantasy Creature List Spreadsheet by Mike Roop

Post by jdn2006 »

Made the thread.

I'm in no rush myself. I'm using some free time to offer the updates in case others do not have the time and want them. Hopefully it doesn't look like I'm trying to take ownership of his spreadsheet, which is the furthest thing from my mind.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I can't speak for anyone else, but in my opinion the people who have been contributing to BFRPG have been very selfless and haven't acted as if they were the personal owners of anything submitted. So I don't think you need to worry about auditing something that someone else submitted, especially since others have asked you for it.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Hywaywolf wrote:I can't speak for anyone else, but in my opinion the people who have been contributing to BFRPG have been very selfless and haven't acted as if they were the personal owners of anything submitted. So I don't think you need to worry about auditing something that someone else submitted, especially since others have asked you for it.
Absolutely. BFRPG materials should be considered completely OpenSource, at least within the scope of the license. Share wherever you can.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

Thanks for doing this. I'm a big fan of spreadsheets.
Solomoriah wrote:Yup, OpenDocument Spreadsheet.
Best kinda spreadsheet there is.
billiambabble

Post by billiambabble »

Excellent spreadsheet. Useful stuff. :)
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I really like this spreadsheet! It comes in handy when stat blocking monsters in a module. Would anyone object to having the creatures from the field guide added to it? Maybe in a separate tab? I thought I might take that on once the next version of the Field Guide is released.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I really like this spreadsheet. However I'm getting old and blind, so I've upped the font size as well as put a color background behind the names. Also, should this still list monsters from the Olde Alamanack, which has apparently disappeared? I'd like to see the Field Guide monsters added, but I don't know if that should just be a sep. sheet or a whole other file/download...
Sorin_777

Post by Sorin_777 »

I was stocking a dungeon, and the spreadsheet came in great. I wanted to sort the spreadsheet by hit dice, but the nature of the cell text did not allow this. Instead, and very nearly accurate, I just auto sorted by XP. Very nice work.

I have a suggestion for an additional column, a general creature type. One of the things I was trying to do was specifically look for undead creatures in increasingly more powerful incarnations. It would have been great to use the auto filter to select "undead" for example. Not sure if all creatures would have a type, is this feasible? Maybe even additional attributes? What if I wanted to select creatures by ability to talk? Or were mammals, or could fly... Just brainstorming here.
jdn2006

Post by jdn2006 »

I just downloaded the sheets and plan on making some fixes - extraneous spaces are mucking up the formulas for quick reference and so on.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

No, he should email me his updated copy, and I'll post it.

People putting things in the Showcase which are already on the Downloads page (except those working around the upload size limit) are becoming a pet peeve. Email me, people!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org