Playtest 2 - The Hunt

A forum for the playtesting of JoeCarr28's Basic Fantasy Questing supplement, a simple D100 conversion for the Basic Fantasy RPG.

Moderator: JoeCarr28

Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:06 am

OOC: if the other two are also ready, we can head off to the caves with an uneventful journey, politely ask the bear to either leave or be nicer to the farmers, and wrap this adventure up by midday.

:lol:
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
jcm
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 am

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:34 pm

OOC: Sounds good. I wonder if the bear speaks Common.
User avatar
JoeCarr28
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 am

Journey to the Cave

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:28 pm

The journey to the cave does indeed pass uneventfully. Your route takes you out of the village along North Street. You then cut across country, through the Northern Orchards, in a north-easterly direction towards the Elder Hills. Eventually the trees thin out as the ground starts to rise and, just as Dronlan described, you find yourself faced with a craggy ridge. The entrance to the cave is quickly found ...
Picture - Entrance to the Cave.jpg
Picture - Entrance to the Cave.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
Midday, Waterday, Movement, Earth-Season*.

*Gloranthan calendar: time, day, week, season
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:59 pm

Elena has a few ideas:
- We could plug the hole and see if the bear can get out another way.
- We can have one or more of us go invisible and scout inside. Oh... Marcus, you can't see in the dark can you? Sorry! I don't have a spell for that.
- We can smoke the bear out. If we get a bunch of brush and the wind is blowing right, he won't be able to breathe.
- Umm... that's it for now.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:37 am

We scout around the cave opening for a bit. Any other exits or precariously placed boulders directly above the cave entrance?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
jcm
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 am

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:05 am

Around what time of the day is it? Marcus' stomach starts to growl. Do bears eat apples?
Woe
Posts: 3953
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:45 pm

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 am

It is midday. Marcus should eat an apple else we could mistake him for the beat.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
User avatar
JoeCarr28
Posts: 894
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:41 am

Outside the Cave

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:21 pm

Woe wrote:We scout around the cave opening for a bit. Any other exits or precariously placed boulders directly above the cave entrance?
[Perception skill rolls]

You search the immediate vicinity of the cave, but find no other potential entrances or cave-like openings (nor any convenient boulders ;) ).

(To give you a better sense of scale of the photo in my previous post, the cave opening is 5 - 6 feet high, and roughly double that across).
User avatar
Blazeguard
Posts: 1280
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:48 pm
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:10 pm

"The smoking out idea sounds good" Filibert says. He will start collecting wood and other flammable materials. He will also check to see if there are any trees or other elevated areas that would serve as a safe platform to attack from.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
User avatar
jcm
Posts: 422
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:39 am

Re: Playtest 2 - The Hunt

Post Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:55 pm

As he doesn't have any useful ideas himself Marcus helps Filibert gather wood. As he does he tries not to get distracted by his fascination for the flora and fauna.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests