World Maps - Area Maps - Town/City Maps

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Gary Cuba

World Maps - Area Maps - Town/City Maps

Post by Gary Cuba »

Has the world of BFRP got a name?

Are there any maps to down load? Are there any histories or cultures which are wildly accepted in legend in the world?

Any help would be appreciated...
LibraryLass

Re: World Maps - Area Maps - Town/City Maps

Post by LibraryLass »

Nope, you can make up whatever world you like for it. Though I think several of our adventure modules do share a world, which you can read about the basics of in Morgansfort.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I smell an opportunity here. Maybe we could do a bit of collaborating here and pool some ideas to come up with something.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Western Lands are described in a sketchy fashion in BF1 Morgansfort. This "sketchy" description is by design; I do not intend to expand it substantially, like in a Gazetteer or something like that.

Extensive details of the world close off the GM's ability to make stuff up, and further create the possibility that a misremembered bit of lore will screw up the campaign.

That doesn't mean I wouldn't accept a Gazetteer-type document... but I don't recommend it. The other reason I don't like deeply detailed campaign worlds is that the players will experience about 2% of the material. Why read and try to remember it all if the players won't benefit from it? Spend your time creating adventures instead.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I preffer having lots of loose and unrelated setting things from religion/gods to towns, kingdoms or places with important background so one can choose what to use on his setting or on one adventure.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, exactly!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Gary Cuba

Post by Gary Cuba »

Dimirag wrote:I preffer having lots of loose and unrelated setting things from religion/gods to towns, kingdoms or places with important background so one can choose what to use on his setting or on one adventure.
Agreed!

I like making stuff up BUT if something has already been wildly accepted as true... then I'd like to use those legends too...

Capital cites and memorable coastlines are key to providing characters with a sense of an enormous world. They are travelling adventurers after all ;)

I'd love to design a few adventures for you all...

loving the system BTW
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

There's no official or unique setting so feel free to do adventures naming towns, kingdoms or whatever is needed for it, the GM can change the names to fit his world or go with the ones from the adventure.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Sorin_777

Post by Sorin_777 »

We sit down to play "D&D" at my house, even using BFRPG rules and modules. I can't say with any great certainty, but I think a lot of people playing OSR games do the same.