Art Needed for Various Projects

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Art Needed for Various Projects

Post by Solomoriah »

Now is the time, if you want to submit artwork for the Core Rules monsters, to get 'em in. Also, I'd really like a better cover art piece for Adventure Anthology 1 (I like the piece we have for the adventure it was drawn for, but it's really too dark for the cover).

Anyone want to jump in here?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Shonuff

Re: Art Needed for Various Projects

Post by Shonuff »

cover needs to be color?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Color would be nice, but not necessary; most of our cover art isn't color. A cover piece for us should be in landscape orientation, to fit our standard cover layout.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've reworked the cover for AA1, and am happy with the dark artwork now. Also, Sudsy donated a nice piece, Battling the Necromancer, that now graces the title page. As you all might remember, I consider the title page art as important as the cover, since most who download the module rather than buying it in print will use the title page AS the cover.

AA1 still could use some artwork. In particular, there is space on page 22, at the end of Beneath Brymassen, for a wide landscape piece; or a portrait piece could be inserted into the adventure, reflowing it down to fill in the large blank area.

Shepherds of Pineford also has space for a smaller piece, probably something more or less square.

Slaver's Fortress could use a couple of pieces of art. I usually say I don't want character portraits, but there are several NPCs in the adventure who might be nice to have pictures of.

Taming the Flames could use some artwork. If nothing appears, I may just drop in the fire elemental from the Core Rules as a space-filler.

I'm reformatting Insect Valhalla to remove the huge blank areas, so I won't need anything for that adventure, though a small piece would fit in the key text.

Island in River has a large blank space, which could be filled with one wide piece or a couple of portrait orientation pieces added to the key text.

Finally, Night of the Necromancer could use the same treatment as Island in River.

Most of these "gaps" I'd be willing to overlook for publication purposes; however, if any artist wanted to jump in here, I'd be quite pleased. Here's your opportunity!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Hey Solo.. How about Sudsy's The Stone at the Gate for Night of the Necromancer? It definitely fits the theme..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sounds good, but as far as I know he hasn't actually granted permission for any work other than Battling the Necromancer, which I placed on the title page.
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

Solomoriah wrote:Sounds good, but as far as I know he hasn't actually granted permission for any work other than Battling the Necromancer, which I placed on the title page.
Here is blanket approval to use anything I've posted here in my thread for any project for BFRPG (or Microlite, or OSRIC, etc).

:D

It helps my artists ego when I see work published! All that I have posted here has cleared any hurdles required with regard to any stock images used as reference. In fact, when stuff gets used, one of the people who's stock I use is real interested in downloading it for his players group...
Michael "Sudsy" Sutherland

Need some art? Check out these selected galleries for your gaming needs:
Photobucket OGL OSR images: http://photobucket.com/SudsysOGL
Sudsy's DA Gallery: http://sudsysutherland.deviantart.com/gallery/2194414