Mystara

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

Mystara

Post by SmootRK »

Interesting thing I saw on dragonsfoot, and of course since it is basic oriented is very usable by us with BFRPG:

http://pandius.com/Threshold_1.pdf
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
lars_alexander

Re: Mystara

Post by lars_alexander »

Thanks! That looks nice, indeed!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

That is a seriously well put together mag..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

Wow, tons of information there.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

It looks interesting for sure.
Definitely a lot of information there!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
mithrandir138

Post by mithrandir138 »

So, I can't seem to find a good "looking for group" place for Basic Fantasy so, I will just post this here since it is relevant :)

I was thinking of running a Mystara campaign using the AD&D 2E Karameikos box set and BFRPG (or something) and then I came across this new magazine the other day and it pretty much sealed the deal.

Who wants to play via Google+ or something? I am in the Eastern timezone and I would love to put something together for an evening during the week and maybe run it every other week (or every week if it works for everyone in the group).
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

mithrandir138 wrote:So, I can't seem to find a good "looking for group" place for Basic Fantasy so, I will just post this here since it is relevant :)

I was thinking of running a Mystara campaign using the AD&D 2E Karameikos box set and BFRPG (or something) and then I came across this new magazine the other day and it pretty much sealed the deal.

Who wants to play via Google+ or something? I am in the Eastern timezone and I would love to put something together for an evening during the week and maybe run it every other week (or every week if it works for everyone in the group).
I have always had trouble with any sort of gaming arrangement where there is a scheduled time, whether in person or via online. That usually leaves me to impromptu games with my children, nephews, and occasional pick-up game at a local game store (but not usually the games I actually prefer to utilize)... or via Play by Post games where there is no real requirement of a posting schedule. Just too much variability of my schedule (including that I generally work nights and weekends when others have their time off).

That said, Mystara would indeed make a great setting... a lot of good background stuff out there to use and yet remains very 'basic'. Some of the races I have developed have been influenced by Mystara stuff, albeit with substantial changes (Chelonians roughly from Tortles; Caneins roughly from Lupins; Fauns and Ibex have influence from CSLewis and Goatmen; Bisren influenced by CSLewis Minotaurs, Tauren of WoW, and the minotaurs of Mystara)... but the influence is there.

Good luck with assembling a party of players. I am sure others will take you up on a gaming opportunity.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
swirler

Post by swirler »

mithrandir138 wrote:So, I can't seem to find a good "looking for group" place for Basic Fantasy so, I will just post this here since it is relevant :)

I cant think of the name atm but there is a gaming platform made for google+ now.

I would be interested in playing, depending on day and time. I'm fairly open though.
--James
"Cthulhu called, he wants his insanity back."

"Vulnerable and hot trumps paranoid most of the time."
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

swirler wrote:I cant think of the name atm but there is a gaming platform made for google+ now.

I would be interested in playing, depending on day and time. I'm fairly open though.
I know Roll20 works in Google+
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Actually, it works best if you use Roll20 in one window and open a Google Hangout in another. Turn off the audio features of Roll20 for best results.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org