System Conversion Help Sheet

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
wynteriii

System Conversion Help Sheet

Post by wynteriii »

I'm curious if this could be created or has been. A help sheet to help guide a conversion of systems like OSRIC, Labyrinth, and the common like to Basic Fantasy. Has anyone made that or is willing to make one?
SmootRK

Re: System Conversion Help Sheet

Post by SmootRK »

I think the closest thing to this might be the monster conversion document.

Biggest thing that I come across when I am using a module or something outside of BFRPG is armor class... and I generally wing it a lot rather than fuss much about making things work perfectly. Others are likely a bit more particular about making things match up more... I just don't really bother.

That is not to say it might be a worthy endeavor to put up so that folks that are not versed in multiple systems or those finer differences between such games/editions.
Then again, there are some oddities of OGL legalese where one is not supposed to directly name or compare certain aspects of CERTAIN GAMES/EDITIONS (and really I am not very knowledgeable of those legal terms, so I just omit mentioning such things directly or I am very vague about it - understanding that others who are in the know "get it").
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?