T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil

Post by SmootRK »

http://www.dndclassics.com/product/1706 ... e2013&it=1
T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil is free for limited time. It is so easily adaptable for BFRPG or other old school oriented games. 8-)
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
JoeCarr28

Re: T1-4 Temple of Elemental Evil

Post by JoeCarr28 »

Nice spot Smoot, thanks! :D
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I was all over this like white on rice!! I had already converted the first part for a higher level BFRPG game I'm going to run with my kids, but nice to have the whole thing in a index-able PDF.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

dymondy2k wrote:I was all over this like white on rice!! I had already converted the first part for a higher level BFRPG game I'm going to run with my kids, but nice to have the whole thing in a index-able PDF.
I plan to read through this again, with a mind to at least rip portions out for my own manipulations.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

To be honest I was a little disappointed when I opened it up. The cover is excellent but the rest of it could have been better. I have *cough* "another copy" *cough* that was OCRd and the text quality is way better. I haven't read through in-depth to see how well the OCR is but it looks good.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Blazeguard wrote:To be honest I was a little disappointed when I opened it up. The cover is excellent but the rest of it could have been better. I have *cough* "another copy" *cough* that was OCRd and the text quality is way better. I haven't read through in-depth to see how well the OCR is but it looks good.
Still, at the price point... hard to complain! :?
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

SmootRK wrote:Still, at the price point... hard to complain! :?
True, except they are both at the same price point right now but when the sale ends the lower quality one will be more expensive.

I'm not sure why they don't track some of these guys down and offer them a job. Shoot them a few bucks for something that they're doing for free right now and everybody wins.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Mhogrymm

Post by Mhogrymm »

They do fix and tidy the PDFs up from time to time. When there are revisions they let you know via email and you can pick up the improved version at no additional cost.

As a side note
It was my total frustration attempting to translate T1-4 into 3.5 that led me, first attempt to make a rules light version of that system, and eventually led me to Basic Fantasy. We only made it through the original T1 Village of Hommlet portion. I haven't played any rules heavy games since. The first part is a great module and takes no more conversion than switching ACs.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Mhogrymm wrote:They do fix and tidy the PDFs up from time to time. When there are revisions they let you know via email and you can pick up the improved version at no additional cost.

As a side note
It was my total frustration attempting to translate T1-4 into 3.5 that led me, first attempt to make a rules light version of that system, and eventually led me to Basic Fantasy. We only made it through the original T1 Village of Hommlet portion. I haven't played any rules heavy games since. The first part is a great module and takes no more conversion than switching ACs.
Yes, converting stuff to 3.5 is extremely laborious. I did a conversion of B2 (Keep on the Borderlands) and the effort at producing 'stat blocks' and such was tough, although I was adding in a whole bunch of personalization while doing so. Some of these efforts for the DM side of things is what also led me to old school editions, particularly the basic/classic side of things.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

This has one thing the 'other' version doesn't have.. Bookmarking!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony