BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Shonuff

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Shonuff »

yes RIP, but look to Pablo Francisco for comedic alternative.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so I've uploaded R3. We found the high priest (he's in the wine cellar), I added the missing dollhouse map (or did I do that last time?), and I did a bunch of editing. Hopefully I'll have some of the missing House of Coldarius maps added next time.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Stuart Marshall submitted some more goodies for Castle D'Angelo, and I've uploaded a new R4 version including them (see the first post in the thread). The changes involve integrating the dollhouse into the adventure more fully, and detailing it a bit more.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Probly easiest if I just register an account here rather than keep posting on DF.

Hi, basicfantasy.org! My name's Stuart Marshall and I'm a pen & paper FRPG addict...

Anyway.

85: A steed in need is a friend indeed

[boxed text]
The door in the south wall is barred on this side. A wooden manger has also been pushed up against it to ensure it cannot open, and the words "Never open! Scary monster!" have been scrawled on it in crayon. A faint scratching sound is audible from the other side.
[/boxed text]

This sound is the feeble scratching of Regal, the Duke's pet griffin.

Regal: AC 18, HD 7, #AT 3, dam 1d4/1d4/2d8, Mv 40' flying 120', Sv F7, ML 9, XP 670.

Hp 31 (lots of little boxes)

Regal is a proud and noble animal that's desperately hungry. When the madness first broke out, Regal tried to eat Twinkle Starlight (who smelled deliciously horse-like). The unicorn lured Regal into this cupboard and then used dimension door to escape while Tia dropped the bar into place.

If not released within a few hours, Regal will die of starvation. He needs to eat lots of red meat and drink water. He will not attack a human or demi-human, being too well trained to do that even now, but if released he will certainly go for any nearby animals that might be edible. Most forms of rations will also do (exception: elves' rations tend to be too vegetarian for a griffin).

If released and fed, Regal will be loyal to whoever fed him for the next several days, or until Pons is in the same room at which time Regal will return to his master's service. In any combat situation the griffin will fight for its new master/mistress until on 10hp or below, at which time he will withdraw.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Stuart! It is a great pleasure to see you here!

For those who don't know him... Stuart Marshall is the OSRIC guy. Yeah, that one. But he's also, and more importantly for my purposes, an amazingly creative guy... evidence presented above.

Stuart, I'll get that last bit into the next release. I'm really going to have to knuckle down and get the maps for House of Coldarius done, so I can restore this module to the good graces of the Downloads page.

I'm also going to have to run Castle D'Angelo again; the version I playtested was a pale shadow compared to the current version, and it's not even done yet.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I think it was one of the BFRPG blog posts that I first learned about Solo and Stuart knowing each other. That just blows my mind that the "OSRIC dude" contributing to other clones; all these retroclone pioneers (along with Matt Finch, Daniel Proctor, etc.) doing their own thing while still all for the gaming good, just too cool.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Core Rules are decorated with Stuart's signature, and have been since 1st Edition.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Welcome aboard!!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
PapersAndPaychecks

chiisu81 wrote:I think it was one of the BFRPG blog posts that I first learned about Solo and Stuart knowing each other. That just blows my mind that the "OSRIC dude" contributing to other clones; all these retroclone pioneers (along with Matt Finch, Daniel Proctor, etc.) doing their own thing while still all for the gaming good, just too cool.
I've always liked Chris, ever since working with him on Dragonsfoot publications back in 2005. I've actually got his old "job" doing layout for Footprints at the moment. :)

Dan Proctor's got his name on the OSRIC credits, and I wrote an adventure for his GORE system. In fact, I find all the principal retro-clone authors easy to get on with.
PapersAndPaychecks

62. CLOSET:

[boxed text]
This 10ft x 10ft room is lined with shelves. On the shelves are 43 unmarked potion bottles containing a clear liquid, a pewter pitcher with three mugs, a glass jar full of orcs' anklebones, 8 bottles marked "Fruit wine", a box of 144 iron spikes, 9 bronze trepanning chisels of assorted sizes, a mallet, an iron vice, a lump of mica and a small hessian sack of white powder.
[/boxed text]

The potion bottles contain potions of obedience that cause the drinker to become docile and obey all commands given to them (from any source) for the next 4 hours unless they save vs poison. The pitcher holds a pint of holy water. The fruit wine tastes citrus and is only very mildly alcoholic. The white powder is corn flour.