Ghostshot (BFRPG magical artifact)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
danbuter

Ghostshot (BFRPG magical artifact)

Post by danbuter »

I figured BFRPG could use some artifacts. Here's one I came up with. It has the added bonus of introducing one firearm into a campaign, without having them everywhere.

Ghostshot

Ghostshot is a magical flintlock pistol, from a long-gone era. It is an artifact.

Ghostshot (flintlock pistol)
Damage 1d10
Range 25/50/75

Ghostshot can damage any creature, including those only affected by magical weapons.

It can be used by any class.

It magically reloads itself, and can fire once per turn, even underwater.

Users can pistol whip an opponent in melee, causing 1d4 damage.

Ghostshot ignores non-metal armor. Anyone in leather or similar armor is treated as being unarmored.

It is loud, especially indoors. Anyone within five feet of the pistol when it is fired takes a 50% penalty on all Listen checks for the next 1d6 rounds. All nearby creatures will hear the pistol's report, unless they are behind sealed doors or walls, or are deaf.

(Optional Curse: The sound is non-hidable. Even if the user casts Silence 15' Radius, the pistol's report would still be heard, though nothing else would be.)
SmootRK

Re: Ghostshot (BFRPG magical artifact)

Post by SmootRK »

This is a good sort of idea... I would probably do some variation on this that fits my tastes better... something like a planar or dimensional traveling mage saw guns in operation, makes a uniquely stylized "wand" (gun) that shoots ball-shot. The "wand" being usable by anyone (trigger operated rather than command word). The explosive bang having the side-effect of causing normal (non-exceptionally intelligent) animals to roll morale checks, the sound being heard for miles in most environments.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
dymondy2k

Re: Ghostshot (BFRPG magical artifact)

Post by dymondy2k »

This is a very cool item. I think you've done a great job of adding some detrimental effects to this gun so even though it does alot of damage you are going to think twice about pulling it out and firing it.

Character One: "Good news is we killed the dragon.. the bad news is there are 40 creatures outside the door waiting for us"

Character Two: "WHAT??"
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony