General Art Discussion

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Shonuff's Art Thread

Post by Solomoriah »

You're a mod, Shonuff, you can sticky what you think needs stickied in your forum.

Dimirag, go ahead and send me your caveman. I'll use whichever one fits better in the Core Rules, and we can put the other into a supplement or module. Surely someone needs a caveman in a module...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: General Art Discussion

Post by Solomoriah »

If you want to keep a thread free of chitchat, just say that, then ruthlessly delete said chitchat until they get the message. Like the Dragonsfoot New Releases thread.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Yes, you check it hourly now, but this is something new and everyone is very active in it at the moment. I am looking down the road when it might slow down a little and art isn't being posted hourly and you might not be able to check the forums as much as you are now. I understand what Smoot is saying, but having two variations of the same monster isn't something that happens a lot here. Just having one variation of something is worth cheering about :) I also think Smoot was saying, "Don't sweat it that you guys worked on the same piece because we'll find a home for both." more than he was saying "don't call dibs".

There are 50+ projects on the downloads and at least 30 on the showcase and several on workshop that's about to be moved over. There is no shortage of material to spark the imagination of any artist. and Solomoriah said it much better than I did. Be ruthless on the chitchat if you think its useful to have a thread clear of it.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:... having two variations of the same monster isn't something that happens a lot here. Just having one variation of something is worth cheering about :)
Yes. HURRAH!
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

Thanks. i'll just dump relevant discussions into the General Art Discussion thread here. Done and done.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Guys what would you think about maybe a 'miscellaneous' art thread.. I was thinking of posting some of my daughter's work.. She's not a big black & white fan so her art most likely couldn't ever be used for a module or supplement but I still think its pretty good and worth sharing.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Don't worry about the repeated drawings, having extra options is always a good thing, even if they don't enter any book they might do it on the future or just remain a part of the forum, even if Solo wants it he can create an "BFRP Art Gallery".
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

dymondy2k wrote:Guys what would you think about maybe a 'miscellaneous' art thread.. I was thinking of posting some of my daughter's work.. She's not a big black & white fan so her art most likely couldn't ever be used for a module or supplement but I still think its pretty good and worth sharing.
Yeah, nothing wrong with a "Fan Art" type thread. It'd give my scribbles a home.
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

it would be cool to see "screen shots" of some of the stuff we get into in our various BFRPG games - live chat, PBP and FTF.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Shonuff,
I am sure you are busy in other facets of life... but we are missing you around here. We need our art fixes!

Anything on your drawing board that you want to share?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?