Art Requests

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Shonuff

Art Requests

Post by Shonuff »

This is the Thread to request artwork, maps, floor plans or filler pieces for products created for BFRPG.

If you wish to have something drawn, feel free to post in this thread and ask. Make SURE you post a link to whatever piece you wish illustrated from your thread in the workshop. Even if you copy/paste the description into your request thread here, please link the original work source.

Please be aware, if no one answers you it may be because they are busy on other work. If you watch the thread regularly, you may be replied to a day or so after, when someone's schedule frees up.
Any discussion over the work needed, should be done in PMs to not push others requests to the bottom.

If you are an artist, and take the request, please post in here that you are working the request...so others can move to other requests.

Please, before requesting artwork, if you are not a member of the production team, please contact Solomoriah or chiisu81 for permission. We don't ask artists to do work on things that are not slated for printing; as we don't pay them, the reward they get is their art appearing in print. Asking for art for a work that won't be put into print is basically asking the artist to work truly and entirely for free. If your submission is on track for printing, the production team will post an art request to help fill it in when it's time to do so.
Shonuff

Re: Art Requests

Post by Shonuff »

BFRPG Field Guide is in need of monster Illustrations. Multiple artists wanted.
Link is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=130&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
artikid

Post by artikid »

This is not a request but an offer:
I'm going to do Golems, just like I did Giants, for the Core rules.
I'll provide both color and grayscale versions.
cheers
artikid
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You do that, and I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

Anyone want to take on the Elementals?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

NO!

Actualy i'm joking. I will take the Elementals on.

i'll get em done.
Shonuff

Post by Shonuff »

Solomoriah wrote:You do that, and I'll be looking forward to seeing them.

Anyone want to take on the Elementals?

viewtopic.php?p=18937#p18937
The fire is almost finished.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I have the following creatures under construction
Caveman
Cockatrice
Gelationus Cube
Gargoyle
Fire Salamander
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Would anyone be interested in doing one or more humorous illustrations for a new Magic-User supplement?

Solomoriah & I are talking about splitting the current MU Options (http://basicfantasy.org/download.cgi/BF ... ent-r3.pdf) into two supplements. The new supplement would be called "Magic-User Parts" and would be a big smorgasbord of options for the class.

I have two ideas below that are the kind of thing I'd like, but I'm open to the artist's inspiration.

I imagine a cover for the supplement that shows a factory building Magic-Users. In the background there would be kobold (or other short ugly humanoid) line workers attaching parts to MU torsos as they come down a winding assembly line. In the foreground, a manager and foreman would be arguing over a just-finished MU; the manager would be holding up the blueprints and shaking his head in obvious pain. The newly-finished MU would have something like an ear and an eye swapped, three arms, one leg, etc.

I imagine the interior artwork would be a different monster cutting, ripping, pulling, or blasting a hapless magician apart for each piece. The one I specifically have in mind is a smiling dragon w/ an MU's legs, arms, a staff & spell book lying on the ground below his mouth, but I'm open to whatever the artist(s) want to do.

EDIT: Sorry, I posted in haste. Let's continue the discussion in the MU Options thread.

Also, I know everyone is busy w/ the 3rd Edition & Field Guide right now, so I'm just wondering if anyone might be interested in taking this up after that.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

So, Shonuff, Artkid, Smokestack, Dimirag, and any other artists who might want to contribute,

Solomoriah has suggested that I work towards an actual release of the Field Guide (release 3). Aside from a few entries that might sneak in, what is in the latest draft (see first post of the Field Guide thread in Projects) is basically "It". I would suggest a read through that draft, to see where inspiration might take you.

Feel free to inquire about stuff. There are no "dibs" on stuff, but I can offer direction if somebody is more driven by such goals. There are certainly places where two creatures can be in the same picture, killing two birds with one stone. And there can be more instances of "full page" artwork.

Anyhow, this is the sort of opportunity to put your footprint down on BFRPG, likely for years and years to come.

FYI - core rules can utilize a load of art too.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I've been a little away from my pencils and my pc, but I'm working on finishing some more monsters for the corebook but I have an eye upon the FG so I'll see what can I do.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/