Cleric Options

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
artikid

Re: Cleric Options

Post by artikid »

Dimirag wrote:Instead of changing the XP maybe we can "toy" with not only the amount of powers but how often the cleric gets to use them and the rate at which they are granted?
Excellent idea!
Dimirag wrote:Another Idea: Spontaneous Casting: The Cleric gets a number of Divinely related spells which he can cast without any previous preparation.
This will make that the granted powers work as powers and not as extra spells.
This would mean writing extensive lists a la 3.x:
it is very accurate and fairly simple, but takes a lot to write and I'm lazy :P
Plus -and more important- I'd like to make things different from 3.x, BFRPG should be its own beast as much as possible IMHO
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Copping the Spells is the easy part, making every one of them fall into specific categories is the hellish part... maybe it can be put as an idea and left to another supplement or up to the GM which spells go where
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
artikid

Post by artikid »

Release 4 is up.
There are no more issues I can find, and unless something incredibly glaring gets pointed out i'd say it is done.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm wondering if this supplement should be broken up; the Specialty features are complex and detailed, so it might be good if we separated them from the other, simpler and briefer rules.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Fabio_MP

Post by Fabio_MP »

I like this.

suggestion/observation:
It should be made clear that only if it is chosen as a power for that clergy they get Turn Undead

The shield choice seem too expensive in relation to armor choice (for 3 point it's better to get plate than chain+shield)

Not all power seems equal but it's ok
artikid

Post by artikid »

Fabio_MP wrote:I like this.

suggestion/observation:
It should be made clear that only if it is chosen as a power for that clergy they get Turn Undead

The shield choice seem too expensive in relation to armor choice (for 3 point it's better to get plate than chain+shield)

I guess it is sort of implied TU is not automatically granted.
Shields vs chain + plate: you are taking magic shields out of the equation, and rules for larger shields that give increased protection.
Solomoriah wrote:I'm wondering if this supplement should be broken up; the Specialty features are complex and detailed, so it might be good if we separated them from the other, simpler and briefer rules.
Give me a few days to rest, I find writing horribly tiring.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hey, there's never a rush. I seem to recall you said you were under the weather... take care of yourself. This is all fun, and if it stops being fun, then it's nothing.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

artikid wrote:
Fabio_MP wrote:I like this.

suggestion/observation:

I guess it is sort of implied TU is not automatically granted.
Shields vs chain + plate: you are taking magic shields out of the equation, and rules for larger shields that give increased protection.
Solomoriah wrote:I'm wondering if this supplement should be broken up; the Specialty features are complex and detailed, so it might be good if we separated them from the other, simpler and briefer rules.
Give me a few days to rest, I find writing horribly tiring.
I generally find it invigorating. If you just let me know what you want done, I can do the grunt work for you. =)
artikid

Post by artikid »

@Solomoriah:
Where should I upload the new extrapolated file?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not sure about the question. I think Cleric Options goes on the Showcase. If you are talking about what to do with Specialty Clerics, I'd say maybe that's a Workshop piece until we get a few more opinions on balance etc.