BFRPG Art Forum RULES and GUIDELINES {Please Read}

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
Shonuff

BFRPG Art Forum RULES and GUIDELINES {Please Read}

Post by Shonuff »

*** Post updated by site admin Solomoriah on 12/26/2023 ***

Hi, Welcome to the new Forum for all things related to Art for Basic Fantasy RPG!

This forum is a place to collect artwork and artists that wish to help further the work done in this great forum for the furthering of our beloved hobby. It's also a place to find an artist, make requests or just view the pieces of art being offered up to be used in BFRPG's products.

We will have a few rules for the Forum and want to make sure everyone enjoys their stay.

1. As a reminder, the Basic Fantasy Project does not accept AI generated content. DO NOT share AI generated artwork in this forum, or in fact anywhere on this site.

2. This is a family forum, so keep that in mind when sharing a drawing.

3. There is a thread for Art Requests: viewtopic.php?t=788

Please keep that the primary way of asking for art. No thread jacking. Please, before requesting artwork, if you are not a member of the moderation team or the Showcase, contact a moderator for permission. We don't ask artists to do work on things that are not slated for printing; as we don't pay them, the reward they get is their art appearing in print. Asking for art for a work that won't be put into print is basically asking the artist to work truly and entirely for free.

4. Comments and critiques are ALWAYS warranted. Please feel free to let the artist know what you think (but remember that the comments are meant to be constructive, not destructive).

5. Any artist wishing to post and showcase his/her art, should make a new thread.

6. Any art created and posted into your thread/showcase should have a link to the original info/data you are drawing for. This is so others can see what the work was done for and maybe offer help.

7. By posting artwork in this forum, you are submitting it for use by the Basic Fantasy Project; specifically, you are granting Chris Gonnerman a non-exclusive, perpetual license to use the artwork in Basic Fantasy Project works. So, first of all, only post artwork to which you own the rights you are granting us. Second, understand that, by posting the art, you are implicitly agreeing to this usage. Any work posted here is still owned by the original artist, and because you are granting a non-exclusive license, you may still use or even resell the artwork; however, you agree not to transfer the license or ownership in any way that would subvert the rights you have granted us.

Please DO NOT post any art here that is not available for use by the Basic Fantasy Project!

Review the Art Submission Guidelines thread for details about contributing artwork: viewtopic.php?t=1879

8. Any art used by the Basic Fantasy Project will be credited to the originating artist. Please post or send a private message to Solomoriah giving the name you'd like to appear in the credits; in the absence of this, we'll use your forum handle. We are always willing to revise your credits in our works, but if a work is in print there may be a substantial delay before we release a new print revision with your updated credits; so, please make a point to let Solomoriah know your preferred credits just as early as possible.

9. No open "Will work for cash!" threads. If you wish to advertise your blog/deviant art page/facebook image folder/website, please put it into your signature as a link. If you wish paid for your art, that should be discussed within the PM between you and the client requesting art. Art sales or other financial transactions are off topic on this site.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BFRPG Art Forum RULES and GUIDELINES {Please Read}

Post by Solomoriah »

I have updated your post, Shonuff, revising the submission guidelines in light of my current layout workflow; also, I've explained a few things that you had not covered in detail, and added information about copyright to that section.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I think this and the Art Submission Guidelines should be updated to include the "no AI generated material" statement.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, you're right. There should only be one guidelines thread, and it should mention "No AI" as a rule.

I'll work on this when I'm smart enough.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

New update to add the AI Art ban and to remove the redundant submission guidelines.