Chapter 9

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 9

Post by Hywaywolf »

If all looks clear he will lead the others down, torch in his left hand and sword in his right, stopping at the bottom to listen and if nothing heard he will repeat the previous process before entering the room at the bottom of the stairs, of course looking down the passages as best he can before stepping in. Then if still alive, he will look to see if the dwarf corpses are still there, not careing one way or the other, just wanting to know. Then he will make his way to the secret door room, listening and watching at every corner and watching for traps along the entire route.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt found that the dwarf corpses had been removed; otherwise, things were much as the adventurers had left them.

At least, it seemed that way until Grumm noticed the bloody footprints. Manlike footprints, bare, with the impressions of doglike claws.

As Timorel entered the room, he smelled an unpleasant musky odor, too faint for the others to notice.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel sniffed the air, then wrinkled his nose and said, "Troglodytes? Do you gentlemen smell that musky odor?"

Which room is this in?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The first one, at the bottom of the cleft.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm doesn't like the look of this.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt doesn't like the look of anything. But he's ready to move on to the secret door room anyway.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"Smell? What smell? I don't smell anything. It looks like we have a couple of choices though. We could follow these footprints or head back to that room we were in before. You guys have been down here more than I so you'll probably have a better idea of what to do. I'll follow wherever you lead."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Who's got the snakebait?
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm has the snakebait. Although it's tempting to chase after the footprint-maker, I think we should finish what we started with the two-headed snake (and yeah, only in fantasy gaming does that sentence seem reasonable).
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Then being very cautious, shybolt will lead the way to the secret door room listening and peeking around every corner before moving on. He'll be watching for booby traps and ambushes, and, as usual, he'll watch the ceiling for nasties wanting to drop on him.