Chapter 1: Wherein the Protagonists Meet at an Inn

This forum is for the rotating GM campaign started by Joe the Rat.

Moderator: Joe the Rat

SmootRK

Re: Chapter 1: Wherein the Protagonists Meet at an Inn

Post by SmootRK »

Thinking that the Kobold, nor the Chef would know Elvish, Galen says (in Elvish), "should we free this kobold? he says there is a key about."

Galen also takes a moment to query the Chef, "how many more do we have deal with upstairs?"

Turning then again to the Kobold, (speaking Goblini), "can you guide us out of this trap?"
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Once the crossbow is reloaded, Muddle will retrieve the 1st bolt from the body of the guard and then search the two dead for loot and or clues
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

SmootRK wrote:Thinking that the Kobold, nor the Chef would know Elvish, Galen says (in Elvish), "should we free this kobold? he says there is a key about."
Saeloria replies (in elvish), "It appears he was in the same predicament that we were. If the situation were reversed I would want to be released, and he did keep his end of the bargain, such as it was."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Joe the Rat wrote:The chef-guy , hands up, walks slowly down the steps, taking particular care not to step on Tieg.
"Ahh... Ahhh... don' kill me, miss. Jes doin' my job"
"And what job is that?" says Selene.
Joe the Rat wrote:I believe you'd snatched up the cheap jewelry, money pouch, and random holy symbols already. Nobody has bothered with Tieg and Snoot's bodies, if you wish to search them.
I have the pouch.
Joe the Rat wrote: The Kobold starts pestering Galen again "See if yer girlie has the key... I was good, let me out please."
If Selene hears this she checks her pockets and pouches for the keys she picked up earlier.
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

jcm wrote:"And what job is that?" says Selene.
The chef seems to have come slightly unglued, and starts babbling.
"Cookin' the roast. Boys get hungry, y'know. Them n' you folks too, I suppose, though I don't know how long since ye'd eaten before you all walked down there with Red and that hooded fellow. Right creepy, he was. Didn't even try the stew! Suppose maybe he mighta figured what we killed to put in the stew..."
SmootRK wrote:Thinking that the Kobold, nor the Chef would know Elvish, Galen says (in Elvish), "should we free this kobold? he says there is a key about."
jcm wrote: If Selene hears this she checks her pockets and pouches for the keys she picked up earlier.
There are three keys here. Two of them are battered brass, like a merchant's lock that's seen better days. One has a skull motif to the bow, the other a simple ring. The third is a heavy iron key, simple, but with an eight pointed star crudely carved into a plain oval bow.
SmootRK wrote:Galen also takes a moment to query the Chef, "how many more do we have deal with upstairs?"

Turning then again to the Kobold, (speaking Goblini), "can you guide us out of this trap?"
The chef continues "...never seen so many legs in my life. What? Oh, maybe a half dozen or so of the boys. Red's got the rest out with him. Hoping to catch a little something before that creepy fella came back around to retrieve you folks. You're lookin' a quite bit livelier too, what with the killin' and talkin' and such." He glances over at Muddle "Well, mostly alive. Um... mind if I go check the roast? I don't know how many turns are left on the spit wheel."

The Kobold smiles. You think. "Trap? No, this is a big-person-drinking-camp. But I can get you out. Maybe you have somewhere else you want to go? I can help." He looks thoughtful (you think), then continues "...maybe you could help us as well."
Hywaywolf wrote:Once the crossbow is reloaded, Muddle will retrieve the 1st bolt from the body of the guard and then search the two dead for loot and or clues
They are both wearing leather armor, and Snoot still has a shortsword on him. Between them you find 4 gold, 15 silver, a symbol of Fyodor Fromme, and a bronze key (from Tieg)
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Muddle takes the short sword and the sword belt and loops it over his shoulder like a bandolier. Upon finding the Symbol of Fyodor Fromme, he touches his fingers to the forehead of the one that was wearing it and says a brief blessing to the dead to assist the follower on his final traveling. He pockets the rest and looks at the others.

"From what the chef has reported and from the number of Fyodor Fromme followers," he holds up the two symbols (btw, if no one has looted the table they were sitting at where the Fyodor Fromme was seen muddle will do that now) "I think its obvious we are dealing with Bandits and not just fellow travelers. We should be getting out of here while the getting is good."
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"I agree", Saeloria says, "but we really need to find our equipment first."

Turning to the cook she queries, "What do you mean by 'creepy fellow'? And who is 'Red'? Can you describe them? You said we walked down here?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jcm

Post by jcm »

Selene leaves the interrogation to the others and makes her way to the cage the half-elf was speaking to.

"Shall we let him out?" She holds up the keys in her hand (but won't hand them over).
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Hywaywolf wrote:(btw, if no one has looted the table they were sitting at where the Fyodor Fromme was seen muddle will do that now)
There's 27 copper on the table (apparently they were playing for small change), a pair of bone dice, and several small stone hexes (18 jasper, 18 malachite, each with a uniform hole in the exact center). They were using them for a checker-like game. A complex pattern of lines has been drawn on the table for this purpose.
Blazeguard wrote:"I agree", Saeloria says, "but we really need to find our equipment first."

Turning to the cook she queries, "What do you mean by 'creepy fellow'? And who is 'Red'? Can you describe them? You said we walked down here?"
The cook starts getting nervous "Ah... Red... Red's the boss. Tall fella, very ginger. Smart too, 'cept for taking up with that star cult." At this point he looks at you nervously, expecting some sort of violent response, then gives you a suspicious look. "Er... well, that's where the creepy guy came from. You should know him. You were following him in, all happy-like. Not a word, you followed him in, down the stairs, went inside, and went to sleep when he told you to."

The kobold looks agitated and mumbles something in goblini.
Go with a smile!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

"Hey," said Hamish, "I don't know if I need a cleric or a wizard over here, but something seems to be going on with this itchy spot on my arm." He held it out for inspection, revealing the wispy smoke rising from the henna-colored tattoo of an eight-pointed star which was just then appearing. "This just ain't my style, you know?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org