Out of Character Chat

This forum is for play and discussion of The Simple Game System rules, and the Dirigible of Doom adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by Solomoriah »

Not far off, actually.

I chose not to show a map here, since you are advancing in the dark; I'll show it to you when you can clearly see how the land lays.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

That's cool, I was just looking to confirm the generalities like which way the notch in the forest was facing and how the river and the village was layed out in relation to the woods and the morgana.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

No offense but dammit....
Solomoriah wrote:Reginald Monday looked at Will, seemingly confused, for a moment. Then he took a step back. "Come in, Will," he said, smiling ruefully and looking down. "I was a bit cranky, I know. Sit down." He waved toward a chair, apparently borrowed from the Lounge, and took a seat on the bed. Will noticed that the upper bunk was folded up, and looking around, he was surprised at how little in the way of personal effects Monday had in his room; a medium-sized suitcase and a valise sat together near the window, and on the small fold-out desk, Will saw a fountain pen, some paper, and an old book.

Will: Please continue this in Chapter 9 on your return. You have officially missed the scouting mission.
He let me in? Darnit... gonna think about this for a sec. What'd he do that for! :)
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

rredmond wrote: "what in God's name is going on? We're not where we're supposed to be, we have idols changing faces and Mundabe natives and sacrificial knives, and it's all crawling with Nazis. What is going on?"
Hellboy worthy.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

crazycrypt wrote:OCC: I'm sorry I haven't responded, however, I was waiting for your reply to Simon's last post. I know you answered the time, but you didn't really answer him on the surroundings at all.
I was waiting for your actions before determining what order things happened in. Simon could hardly clue in Tommy before the two of them were standing together, so revealing information to him right away would give you information you shouldn't have yet.

I'll point something out here. It's dark... very dark. Night, in fact. Your characters have no source of light other than the Moon (and any such light source would, of course, give their position away). You're going to have to make a plan with very insufficient intelligence... or give up and wait until dawn, losing any advantage of surprise.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

You are the GM, but I have been outside on many a moonlit night and you can make out a lot more than you would think. I am the sort of camper who would rather not use my headlamp unless there is no moon and I cant see at all. I guess I am just trying to be too real here :). I am ready to circle around the camp and hope that we can spot something before we actually trip over it. I will assume if we can't see them they can't see us either so we should be pretty safe as long as we don't move overly fast or sudden or stand up and holler
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, it is a moonlit night, but it's also somewhere around 4:00am; the moon is low in the west now, and long, dark shadows hide the low places. I've been outside in the moonlight too. :D
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Just don't go strolling out into the moonlight together, okay guys. Thanks appreciate it.

sorry. :D
Nazim

Post by Nazim »

rredmond wrote:OOC: You guys seeing that chaotic mess over at KnK, the "Zeb Cook" thread? Whew, it's good to pull my eyes away from that for a bit.
Thanks for posting that yesterday. Wasted a good three hours of an extremely busy day reading through the thread.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Yeah, Mike Breault seems a good guy. I get the whole, don't trash Gygax in one of his online homes, but it doesn't seem his intent. That and the fact he had a hand in a lot of 2E products... well he was a brave man to even post at KnK. Heck I barely post there... those guys scare me! :D J/K it's been a very informative, and really pretty civil thread... though the whole morbid curiosity of a 10 car pile-up is kind of in play too.