BFRPG at used bookstore

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

BFRPG at used bookstore

Post by SmootRK »

Funny. Here I am roaming around a used bookstore in Colorado Springs and I come across a few copies of the game. They are selling at $14.95 for perfect bound and $19.95 for the hard cover. They are the first edition books. Nice to see the books around, even if they are gouging on the prices.

Won't be grabbing these! Lol
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Maliki

Re: BFRPG at used bookstore

Post by Maliki »

I guess it would depend on the books condition, but 19.95 for the hardback is not bad, buying the 2E from Lulu would run more than that, plus the shipping and handling. (Unless you catch one of the sales on Lulu.)
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Not bad condition, but it just seems this particular used bookstore is just rather expensive overall. Left one store today where i got hard cover books at $3-4, and then I get here where stuff seems to be just a couple dollars less than cover price (new). Big place though with loads of selections. Seems I am just expecting better prices.
billiambabble

Post by billiambabble »

I've met a few booksellers over the years. When one would get down to last copy he'd raise the price regardless of how common or rare the book was in the outside world. Also, a lack of printing information makes sellers assume that they have a first edition. Maybe BFRPG isn't in the usual databases so it's seen as super rare! What's more likely is that your bargain bookseller is selling them for a friend who has set the price themselves (like a chancer on eBay). Unless the fiend buys up cheaper RPGs new and marks them up?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Other used bookstores in town are substantially cheaper across the board. I think this one is just highly priced, but they have best selections though. "hooked on books" in Colorado Springs, CO.