Wynter's Paladin Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
dymondy2k

Re: Wynter's Paladin Supplement

Post by dymondy2k »

Just the doc part... As for why Open Office, my guess is because it fits with what BFRPG is all about, open and free!

I'm not sure about Libre but open office does allow you to only install parts of it.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

I already have the soutane regular and black fonts. You can email them to me at w.sturtevant@yahoo.com
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

dymondy2k wrote:Just the doc part... As for why Open Office, my guess is because it fits with what BFRPG is all about, open and free!

I'm not sure about Libre but open office does allow you to only install parts of it.
But I'd recommend installing the whole thing. I don't think it really loses much "weight" if you limit what installs.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

When I opened up my own Paladin file on writer, I was embarrassed that I tried to publish it. I will try to fix it but right now I have to seperate what I want as word files and ones I want for writer. I wonder why this happened.....
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

Here is a better formatting but I haven't edited the material. Haven't used Open/Libre yet, but will consider it.
Attachments
Paladins.doc
(69.5 KiB) Downloaded 473 times
Paladins.docx
(21.1 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

OOo Writer opens Word documents "fine" where "fine" means the content is all there. Unfortunately, anything resembling fine formatting detail is lost, and flow disintegrates. This is why I refuse to accept Word documents in most cases... because I don't want to mess with fixing someone else's formatting if I can avoid it.

So while I'm not telling you I won't publish your work, I am saying that I won't publish is as a Word document.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

I see
wynteriii

Post by wynteriii »

Here is edited version on Paladin Release 1.
Attachments
Paladins.odt
(18.09 KiB) Downloaded 435 times
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I think you would have an easier time with the formatting of your material if you downloaded one of the other existing supplements and replacing the text with your own material, rather than trying to emulate the formatting from scratch. That's how I get supplements started, always from another document used as a template.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

SmootRK wrote:I think you would have an easier time with the formatting of your material if you downloaded one of the other existing supplements and replacing the text with your own material, rather than trying to emulate the formatting from scratch. That's how I get supplements started, always from another document used as a template.

What Smoot said.. Its how I wrote my first adventure submissions..
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony