Chapter 11: Return to Redbluff

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 11: Return to Redbluff

Post by Hywaywolf »

As Shybolt lights the torch, he will look around at everyone else easily staring into the pitch black and wonder how much longer they'll put up with him and his torch. "So do you want me to move ahead with the torch and look for traps and such, or stay back as not to give away our position to quickly?"
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken shimmies back out of the cleft and informs the rest of his discoveries. "Aye, Shybolt, why don't you check the way for traps and we'll follow. My dwarven sensibilities tell me that the tunnel opens up into a room or open space not too much farther in."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel lets Shybolt do his work and, since everyone else seems focused on that, he'll go to the entrance of the cave and keep an eye out for anything moving outside.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: I will wait for Grumm to reply since he likes to lead as well sometimes. Shybolt has no problem with it either way.)
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"I think we should let Shybolt go on ahead to find a nice dry place to camp Grumm can take first watch Elwegon said shivering in his cloak

OCC:I'm really sorry that I haven't posted in a while :)
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

OK, I don't know what Grumm wants, but shybolt will move forward, checking carefully like he alwasy does. He will continue to move forward till he dies or finds something of interest.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt advanced cautiously into the cleft, torch held out before him, and perhaps thirty or so feet in he saw the cavern begin to open out into a larger space. He judged he had descended perhaps ten or fifteen feet by that point.

Suddenly, the ground beneath him gave way, sliding downward into the darkness. Shybolt tried to scramble back up the narrow tunnel, but all seemed lost. Then at last he managed to get a fingerhold on the rock wall beside him, losing his torch in the process.

After a few moments, the rocks and soil ceased their rumblings, and he realized he was safe. By the slimmest of margins, he had avoided a surprise journey into the underground. He wondered what he had missed...

Feeling about carefully in the now-total darkness, he discovered a ledge just below the spot where he stood. He shuddered, not knowing if the drop before him was one foot or a hundred.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt heaves a sigh of relief. He imagines it must be either a long way down or there is water or something else below to douse the light from his torch. He carefully reaches around for another torch and his tinderbox. After ruffling up the prepared end of the torch he'll strike a few sparks into the pitch and wait for them to catch hold. Once the torch begins to burn solidly he will hold it out to see what there is to see.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"SHYBOLT!!!!!!!!! Are you O.K.????? Elwegon yells he rushes forward careful not to fall in the pit "Anybody got a rope???"
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will head back to help hoist the halfling up, or at least use his ability to see in the dark to figure out just what he's got himself into.