Chapter 11: Return to Redbluff

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 11: Return to Redbluff

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, so I have three of you. Is anyone else awake?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Elwgon will grab his sword and shield and ready for an expedition into the unknown :D :D
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dunno what happened to Timorel. Let's assume he's at the back of the party for now.

As soon as the fire burned down, the adventurers carefully edged down the steep, wet, narrow tunnel. Grumm was on the lookout for the strange, many-eyed monster, but it seemed to have fled.

After a descent of some thirty or forty feet, the tunnel widened out before opening onto a sort of subterranean beach. The stream of water running down the tunnel ran on into a buried lake, the extent of which the adventurers could not gauge for lack of adequate light.

Stapled to the wall to the right of the tunnel opening was a rust-encrusted iron chain. The chain stretched from the wall out over the water, dipping into it about thirty feet out from the shore.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Criminy, did I kill the thread???
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken grabs a hold of the chain and tries to pull or shake it. He will try to get a sense of whether or not there is something connected to the other end of the chain. He is wondering if there is some sort of a drawbridge or similar construct hiding under the water.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Rykken discovered that the chain did, in fact, appear to be attached to something at the other end. He pulled the chain firmly, and it seemed to give a little bit... perhaps if he put his back into it, he thought, he might be able to draw in whatever was attached to the other end.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Encouraged by the movement of the chain he begins tugging on it harder and calls to the others. "Hey, give me a hand here. I think there might be something on the other end of this."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"you may be right about that, which is why I will wait with my hands full of bow while you pull it in."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

With the other adventurers standing a careful watch, Rykken pulled hard on the chain. At first, he felt resistance, but then it gave way, and shortly an old rowboat drifted into range of the torchlight.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: I hope one of us is thirsty ;) )