Chapter 10

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt eats heartily and listens to the flow of conversation. He truthfully offers any information about what they have been doing in and under rebluff, but mostly stays quiet unless directly asked a question. He feels an "offer we can't refuse" coming and wants to try to listen as carefully as he can for what clues are being made so as to make the best out of whatever "deal" is coming.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Solomoriah wrote:"I suppose you could hire someone to carry a message to him," mused the Baron. "We don't get the King's Post here anymore."
"Hm, I'll have to do that," Timorel replies.
Solomoriah wrote:... A servant brought two bottles of wine and enough glasses to go around, and as the wine was distributed, the Baron waved a hand at the bookcases in the room. "For whatever it is worth, you have the use of my library. Much of the history of the region is recorded here. Once we even had a scribe to write it down." He paused for a sip of wine. "Of course, that was when things still happened here."
"Yes, the library might be very useful. Thank you."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

So you've got a library... what are you going to do with it?

... I'd like to wrap this up, so if anyone else has anything to say, say it now. I'll move on to the morning tomorrow otherwise.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, then...

After a period of awkward conversation interspersed with awkward silences, the Baron indicated his intention to retire. As soon as he was gone, Gravis instructed one of the servants (there appeared to be at most three or four such) to lead the travelers to their rooms.

Morning dawned gray and gloomy. While eating a filling but largely flavorless breakfast of gruel, the Reeve told the adventurers that he intended to remain at the Baron's castle for a few days. The Baron appeared for breakfast as the others were just finishing up, and of course the Reeve stood and greeted him. "Your worship, good morrow."

"Good morning," replied the Baron. Turning toward the adventurers, he said, "I see you have eaten your fill. Good. Let me suggest that you return to Redbluff today, and resume your delving at your convenience. I cannot offer you much in the way of treasure, but I grant you the boon of exemption from taxes on any that you might find beneath the town. And of course, should you discover evidence of the Crown Prince, you will earn my eternal gratitude."

I'll need to see a reply from everyone before proceeding further.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel will greet the baron, thank him for his hospitality, and ask if he might remain a bit to look through the library.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt will say that he wishes to stay a bit longer to watch over the curious elf.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

What is Timorel looking for? Would be a lot easier to figure out if he finds it, if I knew.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

He'd like to see anything on the history of the area around Redbluff, and more specifically anything that might explain the battle scene in the alternate-reality room (w/ the stone lizard guards) or the bloody door. He'd also like to find out anything he can about the Crown Prince: his heraldric devices, life, etc.

Anyone else want to add anything?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

what structures might have been on the location of the current redbluff before redbluff was built. Any languages that would help us understand teh writing we found on the door. Anything that would help us figure out to open the door in the battle scene mural room.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm has no interest in libraries, what with him being illiterate. He will say this to baron, "My lord, if I am to serve you well, I might do it better in platemail. Have you a suit I might borrow for my quest?" If not, he'll bid the baron adieu and, when the others are ready, be on his way.