Chapter 10

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Blazeguard

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken will peruse the library looking for any information regarding undead and their source and history, particularly around this area, and any strategies relating to defeating them.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Baron and the Reeve both gave Grumm a strange look indeed, and for a long moment he wondered if he had overstepped somehow... but then the Baron laughed and directed Grumm to the armory. "Take what you need, leave what you do not, and good luck."

Rykken's quest in the library was to be fruitless; while he found many interesting stories of hauntings and the like, he discovered nothing of direct use to him. Timorel was about to give up as well, until he found a dusty tome entitled "Ancient Lizard Kingdoms of the Northlands" describing, unsurprisingly, ancient lizard kingdoms in the northern territories. The book was in an antique script and vernacular, but Timorel found he could make sense of it with careful study. He realized that reading the entire book would require much time, perhaps a week or two. Thankfully, the Baron agreed to permit him to borrow the book. "I'll hardly miss it, now, will I?" he said.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

If Grumm can find a suit of platemail that fits him, he'll take it and thank the Baron for his generosity.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel offers his gratitude to the baron and carefully packs the book for travel. He also checks to see if writing materials are any cheaper here than in Redbluff. (OOC: I'm assuming there is a village near the baron's residence. If not, then skip that second bit.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Grumm succeeded, but not without spending time on oiling and rust removal.

Upon being asked, the Baron opened a drawer and drew out a half-full bottle of ink and a sheaf of loose paper and handed them to Timorel.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt readies to leave seeing everyone else pack up.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel quite sincerely thanks the baron for his generosity and packs those things away as well.

BTW, did I ever find out any more about the Crown Prince? His heraldric device, colors, emblems, etc.?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Timorel found all that information in the library. I'm not going to detail it here; just assume he'll know it when he sees it.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Sounds like we're ready to hit the trail.
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"And here we go"~The Joker
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale