Chapter 10

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Chapter 10

Post by Solomoriah »

The adventurers were confused to discover that it was early evening on the surface. The inn was full to its small capacity with locals, including farmers from nearby freeholds, and the Reeve was holding court.

"Ah, my good men, welcome!" he said, seeing the adventurers enter the room. "Harald, get these men beer and stew!" He turned to look at the other men at his table, and as one they all stood up and moved to the bar. Irena cleared away the remains of their meal, and the Reeve indicated with a wave that the adventurers should sit.

Timorel was surprised to see another elf, standing in the shadows near the outer door.

Nightwulf, that's you, and everyone... you're on!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel notes what sort of men the Reeve had been sitting with (warriors? town council?), then something catches his eye and he is surprised to see another elf.

"Excuse me, m'lord, but I wonder if some communication has arrived." He bows and then walks over to the elf. When near, he'll greet the elf in Elvish and ask where he's from and what brings him to a small berg like this one.

(OOC: How much experience did we pick up?)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"even'n, Reeve," Shybolt says, sitting down to table. "Thanks for the eats. You're good people."

Shybolt digs in and eats a few spoonfuls, then looks back to teh Reeve.

"So whats up with all these folks here tonight?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The men who got up were locals, not a town council per se but the top men in the community.

Timorel notes, upon approaching him, that the stranger appears only half elvish.

"Tis the Baron," replied the Reeve. "His grace has summoned ye, upon your earliest convenience, which, when he speaks thus, means right away. Y'must leave on the morrow."

I'll get to the XP. Don't panic...
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"What is your name young elf?" asked Timorel. The stranger lifted his hood and Timorel saw he was with out a doubt a half elf "My name is Elwegon Teliath,I came from the forest of Delvain over the mountains of Keltor." "I came in search of adventure among other things."
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken takes a seat at the Reeve's table and with a nod to the Reeve he begins devouring the food set before him. Between mouthfuls he queries, "The Baron, eh? Any idea what he wants?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Ah, the lovely glades of Delvain ..." Timorel says, with a distant look in his eye. Then, "Adventure, eh? How do you feel about troglodytes, two-headed snakes, and various and sundry undead?"
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm hangs in the back. He doesn't like crowds, or breaking bread with strangers. He'll go to the kitchen and see if he can't get a bite there and maybe chat with Irena a bit.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Blazeguard wrote:Rykken takes a seat at the Reeve's table and with a nod to the Reeve he begins devouring the food set before him. Between mouthfuls he queries, "The Baron, eh? Any idea what he wants?"
"Nay, he did not say. 'Tis a day's walk through empty country to his castle, though, so best eat well and go ye early to bed."
jstater wrote:Grumm hangs in the back. He doesn't like crowds, or breaking bread with strangers. He'll go to the kitchen and see if he can't get a bite there and maybe chat with Irena a bit.
"Grumm," she said as he entered the kitchen. "How did your expedition go?"
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

"Aye bring them on! Just so long as there are no S.O.U.S's out there."Replied Elwegon
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale