Chapter 10

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 10

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel bows and, unsure how to greet a human baron, says, "It's an honor to meet you, sir."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Good evening, Milord. Twas a fine walk today. I am all joy to be here."
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken steps forward, "Rykken Thundermaul, Cleric of the Church of the Divine Flame, at your service, sir."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

and we're holding for Grumm...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

[OOC - Sorry, Grumm likes to be fashionably late. Wasn't getting email notices - I re-subscribed to the thread, though, so that might help]

Grumm doesn't say a word. He hovers behind the others, and will bow just enough to be courteous and, therefore, not beaten by the baron's men. He'll be sizing up the baron and any soldiers he sees, though.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nightwulf wrote:"Your lordship I am delighted to meet you" said Elwegon
Sir Bedivere wrote:Timorel bows and, unsure how to greet a human baron, says, "It's an honor to meet you, sir."
Hywaywolf wrote:"Good evening, Milord. Twas a fine walk today. I am all joy to be here."
Blazeguard wrote:Rykken steps forward, "Rykken Thundermaul, Cleric of the Church of the Divine Flame, at your service, sir."
"Well," said Gravis, "it is a pleasure to meet you all, I'm sure." He didn't really sound sure, thought Timorel. "Please take seats to my father's left; his is the larger chair, at the far end."

As the adventurers took their seats, led by the Reeve (who took the chair nearest the Baron's), two women entered bearing trays of food. One was an older woman, one younger; the younger woman resembled Lord Gravis more than a little.

Just then, a door near the throne opened and a man entered, his back slightly bent, and the adventurers recognized him as the guard from the gate. He held the door for an even older man who, though wearing only plain clothing, had a look of careworn authority on his face. "Your worship," said the Reeve, standing up and bowing.

"Good evening," replied the older man, motioning that the Reeve should be seated; the Reeve did not sit, however, until the Baron (for that was surely who he was) was seated first. "Are these the men you told me of?"

"They are, Lord," replied the Reeve. As before, he pointed them out and named them.

Before any of the adventurers could speak, the Baron said "Son, say the blessing. I wish to know much of these men and their adventures, so let us be on with it!"

Gravis responded by saying the mealtime prayer, a prayer familiar to Grumm yet different in some ways, more formal and including some antique words. The Baron hardly let his son finish before saying, "Who among you can tell me what you found beneath Redbluff?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

... I did it again ...
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

OOC: Gads, now I'll have to go back and read chapters 1-9.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You don't have to write the whole story. Just write how you would tell the story. I'll let you get away with just saying that, and writing how your character would wrap up the story.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel decides that brevity is the soul of surviving encounters with social superiors.

He will briefly, politely, tell the baron the main encounters they've had beneath Redbluff without going into detail in any of them except one: He does give a fairly detailed description of the room with the battle going on around them and the stone guards the group couldn't get by. He won't mention the horn.