Chapter 9

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 9

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Off to the inn, forthwith I say!
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

The inn it is.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will follow Shybolt at a slight distance.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The rest of the adventurers followed the screaming halfling, expecting to be assaulted at any moment, but they encountered no resistance as they ascended to the inn above.

Look for the new thread...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Treasure-to-Date

From the chapters w/ Arven, each of us should have 1 gp, 4 sp, & 2 cp. (This is after we gave Harald his 1/10th.)

NB: Arven gave Grumm 6 gp and Shybolt gave him 1 gp to buy a shield and mace, but Grumm had to wait for the merchant to come by.

From the chapters w/ Rykken, each of us should have 4 pp, 4 gp, 8 ep, 5 sp, and 8 cp (I'm assuming Harald made change at the inn for the odd coins so we could split them). Harald gets about 12 gp & 8 sp, if my math is right.

In addition:
* We have the horn that turns corpses into zombies; this is in Timorel's pack.
* Shybolt snuck a gold band he found & didn't tell anyone about, despite Brother Arven's hints that he should.
* Grumm found a dagger around that area as well.
* We have a key from the sacrifice pit room.
* We have a suit of chain and 4 suits of leather sized for dwarves, 2 longswords, 3 axes, and 3 crossbows w/ ?? bolts.
* We have the paper w/ numbered squares on it we took from the dwarves who tried to ambush us.
* Shybolt is carrying a remarkably well-preserved short sword we found in the water in the pit below the illusion.
* We have 3 spears and some oddly-carved bits of rock and bone from the dog-men.
Last edited by Sir Bedivere on Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Questions for Solomoriah:

1. Can we sell any of the arms & armor?
2. How may bolts did the dwarves have? Did they also have quivers?
3. What kinds of stuff can we buy in Redbluff? Earlier, Grumm had wanted to get a shield & mace, but he had to wait for the salesman to come through. Has the guy made it to Redbluff? (He'd be smart to, once he heard news of fighting.)

For everyone else, anyone need any of that stuff? What should we do w/ the stuff none of us want and we can't sell?

Also, is there anything the group needs? A lantern might be useful so we can put our light on the floor without it going out on us. Should we stock up on holy water & oil?

I'd forgotten about the key; I wonder what it opens.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sir Bedivere wrote:Questions for Solomoriah:

1. Can we sell any of the arms & armor?
No market for any of it in Redbluff. Sorry.
Sir Bedivere wrote:2. How may bolts did the dwarves have? Did they also have quivers?
They had one quiver each, and 12 bolts each.
Sir Bedivere wrote:3. What kinds of stuff can we buy in Redbluff? Earlier, Grumm had wanted to get a shield & mace, but he had to wait for the salesman to come through. Has the guy made it to Redbluff? (He'd be smart to, once he heard news of fighting.)
Grumm can have his stuff as of right now, as far as I'm concerned, at list price. You can buy most things ordinary people need. Arms and armor are unavailable except by order. The town's blacksmith is not particularly skillful.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will be satisfied with buying a shield and using one of the long swords taken from the dwarves.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

What about the following?

a mapcase
paper
writing ink
arrows (I know weapons are generally out, but there are hunters around)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

No mapcase. Paper and ink 2x normal price. Arrows available, priced as normal; more than 50 will require a few days.