Chapter 9

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 9

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel yells out, "Beware!" then steps to the left and turns to face them while drawing his sword.

Not knowing if they are hostile or not, he'll assume a defensive posture and demand, "Who are you?"
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt turns suddenly and is shocked to see strangers approaching
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The monsters ignored Timorel's question, entering the room at a trot with spears lowered.

Timorel: Last chance. They're hostile. Fight, defend, something else?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Without further ado, Timorel attacks the lead dog-man, if possible as he enters the room so that the others will (at least temporarily) be blocked from entering.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken's head whips around upon hearing Timorel yell. He hesitates for only a moment and then fumbles with his maul, trying to bring it to bear.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will join the fight with his glaive.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Once I lose my shock over discovering that we were followed, I pull my sword and fall in beside timorrel to fight them at the door.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The creatures charged into the room, spears lowered, screaming an animalistic battle cry as they did. Timorel bravely stood to face them, though each and every one of them was larger than he, and he quickly fell before the onslaught of the first of them.

The other adventurers quickly formed a line to face the monsters, and Grumm and Shybolt wasted no time in attacking; both were successful in their strikes, and Shybolt even managed to dodge his opponent's counterattack. Grumm's attacker had better luck, driving his spear into the half-orc.

Rykken was a bit slow attacking, and struck at his opponent even as he himself was targeted. He struck a solid blow, while deftly dodging the beast-man's counterstrike.

This completes both the surprise round and the first regular round of combat. Grumm took 5 points of damage. Timorel is out, and at this point no one has time to examine him. All three opponents are wounded, but none have fallen. Shybolt and Rykken have the initiative in the next round, while Grumm is simultaneous with his opponent.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt grows enraged when he sees Timorel go down, and shouts, "HELLO, my name is Shybolt Loamtoya. You killed my friend. Prepare to die."

He then performs a flying lunge into the breast of his enemy.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel's last thought as he crumples to the ground is, "Yeah, shoulda gone with the Sleep spell on that one ..."