Chapter 8: A Puzzle

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 8: A Puzzle

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"This, I have a bad feeling about," Timorel says as he swings at the snake on his side of the corridor. "Arven, trade me places so I can use my bow or magic."

EDIT: If Arven agrees, Timorel will use the movement part of his move to fall back and let the cleric come forward. (Just wanted to make that clear instead of merely implied.)
Last edited by Sir Bedivere on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Hopeful that Timorel can pull back and use his ranged attacks, Grumm will continue to fight defensively.
Last edited by jstater on Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Brother Arven will step forward and fight in Timorel's place.

Edit: Whoops. Didn't realize that everyone had orders in. I'll run the next round soon.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Timorel called out that he wanted to move back and switch to his bow or his spells, but he had to wait for Brother Arven to take his place. Frustrated, he raised his sword to defend against the serpent facing him, and once again he successfully drove it back. Even as he did so, the other serpent struck at Grumm, but it was also held at bay by its opponent's weapon.

Finally Brother Arven stepped forward to take the place of Timorel, and as he did so, his torch revealed a new surprise. It was not two serpents, but one that the adventurers faced... a giant two-headed snake.

Meanwhile, Shybolt lay down his torch and took firm hold of the wheel. He tried to turn it, first to the right, then to the left. After struggling with it for a few moments, he succeeded in freeing the mechanism, which squealed, then resumed clicking and clacking.

Then it squealed again, and again came to a stop.

Grumm and Timorel both have initiative, but the serpent will strike before Brother Arven can act.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Cursed contraption! Open damn you!"

Once more Shybolt will attempt to push or pull the door open. If that does nothing he will then gently check to see if the wheel will continue turning to the right. if it does not, he will simply turn the wheel left to see if that kicks starts things.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

OOC: Since we're on a staircase, can Timorel climb up a bit so he's shooting over Arven & Grumm (i.e., he won't accidentally shoot them)?

If so, he employs his bow to attack the snake thing. If not, he'll simply stand ready, delaying his action until the last moment to see if any opening appears. [EDIT: Actually, once I've moved, I can't delay my attack, can I? Sorry, I'm playing two different games right now and sometimes get confused.]

Either way, he shouts out, "Shybolt, how's opening the door coming along? It might need some oil, if it's stuck."
Last edited by Sir Bedivere on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm continues to fight defensively.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Is Shybolt going to reply to Timorel, or should I go ahead and run the round?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Its probably a good idea, but I've already started my action so run the round.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: maybe we should pour the oil on Chris, he seems to be a little stuck, too ... hahahahahaha hohoho heheheeheh, I just slay me)