Chapter 8: A Puzzle

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Blazeguard

Re: Chapter 8: A Puzzle

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken slowly trudged up the steps to the tavern and opened the door. He prayed he would find them here. The word was all over town...some hardy adventurers fighting unmentionable beasts under the tavern and suddenly their cleric gets called away. Yeah, right. He probably just finally came to his senses. Oh well, beggars can't be choosers. Anyways, it wasn't my fault I got kicked out of the monastery. How was I to know that was the arch-bishop!? He's never been there before, all of a sudden he shows up 'in-cog-nee-to' he says, whatever that means. I was just having a bit of fun, by Moradin's hanging hammer, I got much worse than that on my first day and no one ever said anything about that. Well, with any luck the word will not have reached here yet.

He stopped just inside the door and surveyed the bar. Aaaah, there they were. Who could miss them. They stood out like a hairless dwarf. Yep, they were all there, the Halfling, the Elf, and the Half-Orc. What a motley group. Hopefully they will be kind enough to add a dwarf to the mix.

Rykken approached the table and took a deep breath. "Well met, fellow adventurers. Might you be the fearless warriors who are battling for the future of the town beneath this fine establishment? I understand that you may have room for another member. If I may be so bold, I do swing a mean Maul and have dabbled in the healing arts, which often seem to come in handy."

He pauses for a moment and then blurts out, "What say ye?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If ye can make a sub sandwich and heal a hurt ur alright by me.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"Well, I can't say as I've made a lot of sandwiches, but I can definitely heal your owies. Rykken Thundermaul, is my name by the way. And you are?"
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
jstater

Post by jstater »

"How do you feel about two-headed giant snakes?"
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"Why? Does he need healing too?"
jstater

Post by jstater »

"Yes, and if we hurry, he may never receive it"
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"Well, if ye'll have me, I'm in."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt Loam, follower of Master Loche. Nice to meet another of the brotherhood of devout.
jstater

Post by jstater »

I'm Grumm.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

"Aye, Shybolt, likewise, and Grumm, I'll feel safer with ye than agin ye."