Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Locked
User avatar
Nekron99
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: DeRidder, Louisiana

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Brother Arven, moves to the side of the door (opposite of Grumm), mace and shield ready. He tries to catch Timorel's eye to make sure that whatever magic the elf decides to cast, does not catch him as well.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Sir Bedivere
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:32 pm

Solomoriah wrote:He was about to call out his discovery when Timorel thought he heard footsteps approaching in the hallway...
Timorel gives a quick hiss to alert the rest and slips mostly behind the wall but where he is still able to see down the hall.

OOC1: Is it possible for him to use his hide in shadows while he does this?

OOC2: Sorry for being out of it so long. Life and work have been crazy the last three days. It's getting better.
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Just out of interest... (1) who has the light, and (2) is it positioned to shine down the hallway so you can see the approaching opponent (and he, she, it, or they can surely see the light source?)
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:54 pm

Shybolt almost always has a torch, so I guess he has it. He'll toss it up into the hall hoping it won't go out and then hide behind the chair.
User avatar
Nekron99
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: DeRidder, Louisiana

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:50 pm

Brother Arven also had a torch in his shield hand.

So there is torch now sputtering down the hall (thrown by Shybolt) and one still in the room, to the (rolls d%) left of the door.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7790
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:24 pm

Shybolt caught a glimpse of a huge, manlike figure that seemed to have horns on its head... just before it stomped out his torch. Were it not for Brother Arven, the room would have been pitch dark.

All PCs have initiative, and we're in rounds. It is reasonable to assume that the monster will move into the doorway, if not directly into the room, so make your attack or defense declarations on that basis.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
jstater
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:56 pm

Grumm will give himself enough room to have full advantage of using a pole arm. He'll wait for the "creature" to completely enter the room before he attempts to strike - hopefully from behind. Mostly, he wants to be sure it is an enemy before starting a fight.
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5266
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:42 am

Shybolt will stand and attract the beast attention (hoping it will come thru the doorway without looking to either side), scream obscenities at it while he shoots it full of arrows. He would have shot at first sight of the thing, which hopefully will give him a couple rounds to shoot at it before it gets in range.
User avatar
Nekron99
Posts: 358
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: DeRidder, Louisiana

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:26 am

As it enters the room (full of arrows from Master Shybolt hopefully), Brother Arven will swing low, trying to take out a knee with his mace.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Sir Bedivere
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:58 pm

Timorel will draw back fully behind the wall, crouch down, and delay his action until the beast enters the room. If given the chance, he will attempt a sneak attack with his sword. If not, he'll attempt a normal attack.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests