Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Nekron99

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post by Nekron99 »

Plans? Um basically I was planning on resting until I could raise my head enough to drink some kool-aid and then cast cure light on myself, if there are no other injuries in the group I will finish off with the rest of the CLW, and then I guess if I am still down I can rest. But after that I would have to wait til the next morning anyhow to get my full compliment of spells back.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
jstater

Post by jstater »

Other than the touch by the undead (did I lose a level, or what?), I don't think Grumm took any actual combat damage. I'll have to look back and make sure.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel was unharmed (unless you count the smoker's lung he probably got in the fire). His plan is to get his gear in good order, sharpen weapons and so forth, and make sure nasty things don't come up to kill us all while Arven recovers. Then go back and kill more monsters.

Also, just out of curiosity, how many experience points have we accumulated so far?
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Then we are looking at a minimum of three days topside. One for me to rest enough to get 1 hp so that I can pray for the spells that I lost due to dying or being mostly dead. Then the next day I will get my full compliment of CLW, which is two spells. Cast them, and if that is not enough to get me up to full then another day to do it again, and then possibly another to stock up on a full compliment of spells then go down under again.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

During Shybolt's free time he does nothing but eat, sleep and think about what they have seen so far, suddenly he remembers something, "Master Timorel," he calls out. "Do you still have that inscription from the door that you wrote down? Perhaps that will shine some light on the puzzle, if we can figure out a way to read it."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Why, yes I do," Timorel says, pulling the page out of his pack.

OOC: Here's a link to the page we were discussing it on:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=385&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=40
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

We need to figure out how to read this thing. Anyone know read languages? I believe it was either Basic/expert rules or LL that allowed thieves a chance at read languages at 4th level. I don't think BFRPG has that.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Well, for half a thousand gold I could possibly arrange to buy the spell and then cast it. But I'm a few short at the moment. Maybe someone in town can read this? Or maybe Arven knows someone?"

Does Timorel know any wizards nearby who might be willing to cast 'Read Languages' for a small fee?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Redbluff stands more than a dozen miles beyond the frontier, in territory theoretically claimed by the Hobgoblin King; the fact that there is literally nothing of value in Redbluff proper is all that keeps it safe from predation by humanoids. Well, that, and a rumored agreement between the Reeve and the hobgoblins. So no, there are no wizards nearby so far as you know.

Early in the morning of the day following the party's return, Grumm (who had stayed at the inn) was awakened by the sound of a door closing. Going out to look, he discovered it was only Irena, beginning preparations for the day's work.

"Grumm, good morning," she said, favoring him with a smile he took for genuine, rather than the fake smile she showed to those to whom she served beer. "How is the good Friar?"
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm returns the smile. "I think he'll be okay. It's a rough business we're in, but he has a hard head. Just a couple days and we can get back down there. I think we're making progress."

After a little pause, he adds, "Why do you stick around here? It's dangerous."