Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post by Hywaywolf »

I understood perfectly what you meant. The trail starts from the north and eventually moves south after it goes through the east/west tunnel (where we are). I want to go back and follow it down the south passage. Thats why I said I turned around and went past everyone to lead us to where the trail turned south. If the trail went down the southern tunnel where we are standing I wouldn't have to turn around. I would just turn south and keep walking.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

I think it's my turn to be confused. Assuming bloody bodies were dragged along the floor, which direction does it looked like they were dragged, from the south to the north, or from the north to the south?

Timorel would want to follow where the bodies were going, not where they came from, unless he's outvoted.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

That was my discussion with Solomoriah. Which I believe he said they were dragged from the direction where we killed the trogs (we haven't gone far enough to know that for sure) into room number 1 then down the southern passage. It might just be me but when the term "the blood trails LEADS" is used that means thats the direction the blood trail was going not where it was coming from.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Sorry - I was referring to the south passage without the blood. The dusty one we hadn't been down just yet.
jstater

Post by jstater »

We can follow the blood, if everyone would like to.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

lol @jstater, I thought you wanted to follow the blood south . I would also rather investigate the southern unexplored tunnel because I suspect the trogs were carried out of the cave system to feed little kobold or goblin babies. So now we are all clear whats what. I vote to go where we have not gone before.
jstater

Post by jstater »

The final frontier?
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

The "Green Dot" votes for the dusty unused passage.

"Well we know what is further on that way." Brother Arven points with the torch to the north, "And we know that the blood trail most likely leads to the outside entrance." He motions with his helmeted head to the south. "What we do not know is what lies in this direction." He indicates the dusty passage with his mace.
"And since by definition we are "Adventurers" I say we should venture down the road less traveled."

"I mean really, how much worse can it get?" he says prophetically.
Dun! Dun! Duhn!
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I've lost track... have you all made a decision here?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, Since 3 of us have posted that we want to go south from where we are into the unexplored passage without a blood trail in it and since Timorel says he will go where we go if he is outvoted, then that means we are going into the south passage and leave the blood trail for later (if we live).

So, Shybolt tightens his grip on his torch and moves into the south passage watching the walls, ceiling and floor carefully. He will listen at every corner, peek around using his mirror, and if he doesn't see or hear anything he will move to the next corner and repeat until he finds something of interest.