Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Nekron99

Re: Chapter 7: Luck, or Hard Work?

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven, moves to the side of the door (opposite of Grumm), mace and shield ready. He tries to catch Timorel's eye to make sure that whatever magic the elf decides to cast, does not catch him as well.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Solomoriah wrote:He was about to call out his discovery when Timorel thought he heard footsteps approaching in the hallway...
Timorel gives a quick hiss to alert the rest and slips mostly behind the wall but where he is still able to see down the hall.

OOC1: Is it possible for him to use his hide in shadows while he does this?

OOC2: Sorry for being out of it so long. Life and work have been crazy the last three days. It's getting better.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just out of interest... (1) who has the light, and (2) is it positioned to shine down the hallway so you can see the approaching opponent (and he, she, it, or they can surely see the light source?)
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt almost always has a torch, so I guess he has it. He'll toss it up into the hall hoping it won't go out and then hide behind the chair.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven also had a torch in his shield hand.

So there is torch now sputtering down the hall (thrown by Shybolt) and one still in the room, to the (rolls d%) left of the door.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt caught a glimpse of a huge, manlike figure that seemed to have horns on its head... just before it stomped out his torch. Were it not for Brother Arven, the room would have been pitch dark.

All PCs have initiative, and we're in rounds. It is reasonable to assume that the monster will move into the doorway, if not directly into the room, so make your attack or defense declarations on that basis.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will give himself enough room to have full advantage of using a pole arm. He'll wait for the "creature" to completely enter the room before he attempts to strike - hopefully from behind. Mostly, he wants to be sure it is an enemy before starting a fight.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt will stand and attract the beast attention (hoping it will come thru the doorway without looking to either side), scream obscenities at it while he shoots it full of arrows. He would have shot at first sight of the thing, which hopefully will give him a couple rounds to shoot at it before it gets in range.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

As it enters the room (full of arrows from Master Shybolt hopefully), Brother Arven will swing low, trying to take out a knee with his mace.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel will draw back fully behind the wall, crouch down, and delay his action until the beast enters the room. If given the chance, he will attempt a sneak attack with his sword. If not, he'll attempt a normal attack.