Chapter 6: Aftermath

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Chapter 6: Aftermath

Post by Solomoriah »

Waiting for a response from Brother Arven.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

OOC: My bad, sorry I got wrapped up in that real life stuff.

Brother Arven will apply his healing touch to whomever needs it. I have two per day so step on up my weary children.
He is also wondering if we should wait for a reply from the church for Shybolt condition?

Stocking up and waiting until fully ready would be the most prudent way to go. Food, Sleep and no sparks from the torch falling on my shield arm for a few days seems rightly in order.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Do we know how far it is to the temple and do we know if Gmod will allow the priest to travel here?
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm can use one more healing spell to get up to full power.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Don't forget to add a 1 hp for the nights rest, and 1hp again for tonights rest. I think we should all be back up to full strength in the morning (I think). I like how JoeCarr is keeping track of HP, spells, date, and time, in his GM posts in the Marketsone game. That is very handy.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven is ready after another day, with two healings, armor polished and a full tummy. (larger than when we started if I keep eating the inns fine cooking.)

OOC: Here is my take (your mileage may vary) The distance on foot was a hard days run from the village, so figure the kid should have made it there by the morning of the 2nd day, then a night of rest before looking for the right people. I think I spun a yarn about taking a day for prep so assuming they ride on the return trip to the village, we should see them.....on day four, which should be tomorrow.
This all assumes the "Big Man" allows the above, he could rightly say that the monastery is a week away by foot and then a storm comes up blocking the mt pass etc. etc.

Hywaywolf: Where is that located in the Marketstone game? I did not find it, but would like to check it out.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

At the end of every GM post in the game threads he has a list he keeps updated.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:At the end of every GM post in the game threads he has a list he keeps updated.
Operational discussions should be in the OOC thread.

I'll try to get this updated tonight, but we have a Christmas party tomorrow we're getting ready for.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt snaps up from his lazy daydreaming stupor and realizes his face is caked with blood. "Gotta keep my head in the game," he thinks. Then looks out the front door of the tavern wondering if this mystical priest is really going to come. And if he does, if he can afford the price of the cure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

On the second day, Brother Arven again healed Grumm, this time restoring him to full health. Rather than return to the dungeon, the adventurers decided to keep watch another day while waiting for the boy to return.

Late that day, the boy Brother Arven sent to the monastery did return, bearing a letter. Brother Arven read it carefully.
Dearest Brother Arven,

I am sorry to read that Redbluff is beset by the lizard-men. Please, be careful, old friend. The Abbot has directed me to send his compliments, and to tell you that we must decline your request. Father Rannde is away, as you surely remember, visiting the temple of the High Priest, and is not expected to return for a few months. The Abbot is the only other among us of sufficient piety and favor to be able to remove such an affliction, and he himself is unable to leave his duties to tend to your friend. He also mentioned that, as your friend is not one of the faithful, nor indeed a man at all, an offering of substance must be made to prove his worthiness. If he were to arrive here with such an offering, I'm sure the Abbot would swiftly see to his needs.

Your friend,
Brother Halden