Chapter 6: Aftermath

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Nekron99

Re: Chapter 6: Aftermath

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven, pays the boy an extra silver for his trouble, and crumples the parchment. "Rats, he probably hasn't forgiven me for that thistle burr I put under him in the library during quiet hours." he wispers to himself as he throws the note into the nearest fire.
Brother Arven searches for the others, Shybolt especially, and breaks the news.
"Gentlemen, apparently the Curse will remain for the time being, the Abbot and Father Rannde are indisposed at the moment and unavailable to assist us. They expressed their earnest desire to be here to help smite the evil afflicting this village, but Father Rannde is away in the Capital and the Abbot is....well he's the Abbot, so nuff said on that one. We are welcome to bring the good master Shybolt to the Monastery for healing and cure, but as of now it looks like we are on our own."
Brother Arven throws himself into a chair and kicks his feet up onto a bench. The fire in the hearth, warming his damp boots.
"So my friends, what is the plan now? Apparently the Gods are apathetic to our needs and we are left with little choice as I see it. We can call it quits, take what we have gotten from this charming little burg, or we can again delve into the depths below in hope to find a cure for our little friend, more treasure, a chance to kill a few more smelly lizard things, and an answer to a few questions."
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I'm in the mood to kill. I don't care where, but perhaps below would cause less concern to the local reeve. Lets go back down as soon as you are fully stocked with spells."
jstater

Post by jstater »

Sounds okay to Grumm.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"And so the plan is made my friends, for better or worse we go below again." My prayers are ready, once the elf-mage Timorel is ready I think we can make a go of it." Brother Arven, places his mace and shield on the table and awaits the other members preparations.
"You know..." Brother Arven kicks back and folds his hands behind his head. "In Sir Skylers "A Lighter Shade of Chartreuse" he mentions the things that can happen when men go on adventures, how they feel like brothers, he speaks of the lifelong bond that develops. He says that many never forget the camaraderie they experience." He unfolds his hands and looks around the inn.
"Personally I think that he was eating too many of the pretty little mushrooms he found in the caves, but overall I have had an enjoyable outing with you men, and do feel a slight twinge of fellowship. Not that we are going to be swapping spit in the dark or anything mind you....but overall it has been kind of fun."
jstater

Post by jstater »

It's been a little slice of heaven, padre.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I'm having a bloody good time. Blow the horn and bring on more fun."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Onward and downward, gentlemen."
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"I volunteer to take the honor of the rear position, whilst holding the torch. That is unless anyone wishes to object and take the prestigious position themselves?" Brother Arven grabs one last bite of bread and cold potato soup from the pot hanging near the hearth. Wiping his mouth on his sleeve, he stands and readies his armor and weapon, shoulders his backpack, and says "I am ready. Please make sure you use the latrine now, we may not have a chance to stop once we get started."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt checks his gear one last time to make sure he has everything and his weapons are sharp and ready. he'll change out the bloody headwrap for a clean-on and then volunteer to take the lead unless someone would rather head out first.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Sounds like everyone's ready, so I'll start a new thread soon...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org