Chapter 5: The Rescue

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:32 pm

"Me, have weight? Nonsense," Timorel replies, moving to the pit. "Harald, if you would, hold that rope so she doesn't accidentally drop in. Anyone have an extra rope? We can pull her in that way."
User avatar
Nekron99
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: DeRidder, Louisiana

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:56 pm

If you can stand the smell, there about 50' or so of trog intestine over there free for the taking. Although I am not too sure the girl will be to keen on the idea. Brother Arve says as he grabs the rope and shows Harald where to stand and brace himself.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
User avatar
Solomoriah
Site Admin
Posts: 7170
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:15 pm
Location: LaBelle, Missouri
Contact:

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:16 am

With Harald and Brother Arven belaying the line, Grumm had little difficulty in drawing Irena over to the side. Once she was in his arms (albeit upside down), it was a simple matter to slip the knot and lower her to the floor.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Shybolt will quickly search the dead trogs, then say, "As much as I would love to thoroughly search this area, I think its best that we get out of here as soon as possible."

Is there anything of obvious not in the room that would interest us now that we aren't fighting for our lives?
User avatar
Nekron99
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: DeRidder, Louisiana

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:05 pm

"Should we try to make it back through the passageway to the inn or go for the exit to the outside?" Brother Arven says while trying to salvage as much of the trog rope as he can coil up quickly.
He has his torch and shield in one hand and mace in the other. He will again take the rear position and move out when the others are ready, being careful to watch and listen for any movement behind us indicating an ambush from a secret or concealed passage.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
User avatar
Hywaywolf
Posts: 5255
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:30 pm
Location: Wilmington, NC

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:23 pm

"Back to the Inn has my vote."
User avatar
Nekron99
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: DeRidder, Louisiana

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:36 pm

"I agree to the inn, and no stopping for any souvenirs at the mysterious glowing portal eh!"
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Sir Bedivere
Posts: 998
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 10:46 pm

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:35 am

Timorel searches the trog he killed. "To stew and ale, I think," he replies.
User avatar
Nekron99
Posts: 330
Joined: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:01 pm
Location: DeRidder, Louisiana

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 6:47 pm

Brother Arven comments offhandedly as we wait for all to finish their searches "Ah a sorry lot we are eh?, with little loot and plunder to show for our valiant and brave efforts. Alas if only we had recovered some treasure from the Trogs that could be purloined into coin to split evenly amongst the loyal and stalwart party members. Perhaps we shall find yet some treasure perhaps hidden and overlooked in a dark corner as we return through the passageway. Something that only a sharp eyed and resourceful scout could find. Perhaps our crafty and lucky scout will find something on the return trip. eh?"
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
User avatar
jstater
Posts: 393
Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:49 pm
Location: Las Vegas
Contact:

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:51 pm

Grumm will carry Irena out if she cannot walk. Otherwise, he'll agree that they should make for the inn. Shybolt should probably scout ahead, though - if we rush, there's no telling what we'll run into.
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests