Chapter 5: The Rescue

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt will wait to make sure that there aren't any treasures in plain site, then he will depart the room the way they came. He'll scout ahead, listening at corners and staying close to the right wall. he'll continue back through the halls the way they came in this fashion until either they make the tavern or they encounter something.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Since Grumm is carrying the girl, Timorel will move up behind Shybolt.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Searching the bodies, Shybolt and Timorel found a handful of silver and gold coins in their beltpouches; the largest troglodyte also had a large brass key, green with verdigris, on a thong around its neck.

Having secured what little treasure there was, and freed Irena (who appeared to be in better shape than Harald), the adventurers formed up and carefully returned to the inn. They met no resistance in the now-vacant hallways.

Sorry this took so long... I somehow failed to get notified about your posts.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

OOC: It has been doing the same to me. It logs me out and then I do not get notified that there were new posts. I have it set so that the order is descending and it keeps changing that as well. I figured it was just me.

Brother Arven takes a deep, deep breath of fresh air when the return to the cellar and finally the inn proper. "I suggest that we block the entrance to the passageways immediately, the next Trog group might not be just interested in carrying fair maidens off to dark pits."
Is there anything to use? Chairs, crates, an door that can be pried off the hinges, a table from the main room. Anything to block it? Brother Arven also suggests to Harald that he get some buckets of water and bring them down so that if the Trogs try to burn the blockage.
Heck I am even willing to tear apart the stone fireplace and use some spit and mud to wall up the darn thing.
Ah if I only had one of those world shattering high level spells to place on the passage to ward it from evil.

After all that I will be needing a stout, dark and cool with a thick foam.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
jstater

Post by jstater »

Yes - fortification is the first order of business. We should also set a trap or an alarm.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Yes, fortify the opening, then when that is done and once we have some food and drink scrounged up, shybolt will put all the loot he has collected on the table with the food (I have no recollection of how much it is) and say, "Its not much, but lets split this up evenly. I wonder what this key opens. I wonder if wearing it will let me get past the stone guards."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Agreed. Fortify the inn, then ourselves.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

New chapter... look for it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org