Chapter 5: The Rescue

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Me, have weight? Nonsense," Timorel replies, moving to the pit. "Harald, if you would, hold that rope so she doesn't accidentally drop in. Anyone have an extra rope? We can pull her in that way."
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

If you can stand the smell, there about 50' or so of trog intestine over there free for the taking. Although I am not too sure the girl will be to keen on the idea. Brother Arve says as he grabs the rope and shows Harald where to stand and brace himself.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

With Harald and Brother Arven belaying the line, Grumm had little difficulty in drawing Irena over to the side. Once she was in his arms (albeit upside down), it was a simple matter to slip the knot and lower her to the floor.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt will quickly search the dead trogs, then say, "As much as I would love to thoroughly search this area, I think its best that we get out of here as soon as possible."

Is there anything of obvious not in the room that would interest us now that we aren't fighting for our lives?
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"Should we try to make it back through the passageway to the inn or go for the exit to the outside?" Brother Arven says while trying to salvage as much of the trog rope as he can coil up quickly.
He has his torch and shield in one hand and mace in the other. He will again take the rear position and move out when the others are ready, being careful to watch and listen for any movement behind us indicating an ambush from a secret or concealed passage.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Back to the Inn has my vote."
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"I agree to the inn, and no stopping for any souvenirs at the mysterious glowing portal eh!"
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel searches the trog he killed. "To stew and ale, I think," he replies.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven comments offhandedly as we wait for all to finish their searches "Ah a sorry lot we are eh?, with little loot and plunder to show for our valiant and brave efforts. Alas if only we had recovered some treasure from the Trogs that could be purloined into coin to split evenly amongst the loyal and stalwart party members. Perhaps we shall find yet some treasure perhaps hidden and overlooked in a dark corner as we return through the passageway. Something that only a sharp eyed and resourceful scout could find. Perhaps our crafty and lucky scout will find something on the return trip. eh?"
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will carry Irena out if she cannot walk. Otherwise, he'll agree that they should make for the inn. Shybolt should probably scout ahead, though - if we rush, there's no telling what we'll run into.