Chapter 5: The Rescue

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Nekron99

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post by Nekron99 »

If Brother Arven can, he will stagger in trying not to retch, and cave in the sleeping Trogs heads with his mace.
If he cannot control the Trog-sickness he will remain in the hall where the smell is not so bad and continue to watch the passageway and Harald.
His only comment for this round shall be :mrgreen: "Huuuurrrrlll"
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Not much time remaining," Timorel says. He backs away (fighting withdrawal) and, if not attacked by the standing trog and none of the party objects, will deliver the coup de grace to the northern sleeping trog. (If attacked, he'll take a defensive position (+4 AC).)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I see that I failed to call out initiative. It turns out that you are all faster than the troglodyte.

Holding for a statement from Grumm.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: I assumed if he was surrendering we would have initiative. Hope that kind of thinking doesn't bite me in the ass later :) )
jstater

Post by jstater »

If Grumm sees Arven go for the one sleeping trog, he'll attack the standing trog along with Shybolt. If Brother Arven appears unable to attack that trog, he'll go behead it with his glaive.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

jstater wrote:If Brother Arven appears unable to attack that trog,"
Nothing like a vote of confidence....now granted my combat skills have not been displayed to the best lately but I should be able to handle a sleeping creature....hopefully. ;)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt struck at the troglodyte, but missed; Grumm struck immediately after and caught the monster off balance, slaying it instantly. Meanwhile, Timorel and Brother Arven administered the coup de gracie to the sleeping monsters.

...aanndd we're out of rounds.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Do we have something we can lay across the pit to block it so we can retrieve the wench safely?

If not, maybe I can hook the rope with my glaive and pull her over to solid ground. Maybe I'm thinking too much about the group I used to play with, but I'm nervous that after all this work we'll find a way to drop her into the pit ourselves.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I too am worried about dropping her in the pit as well, especially since she is only tied with a loose slipnot. Before you try pulling her over we need to get someone with weight holding the rope where its tied to the wall.

Shybolt points to Timorrel and Arven, and says, "Hold the rope while Grumm tries to pull her over. I'll tie off some of the free end of the rope in case she slips." He'll then tie off the free end so that if she drops she only falls as far as it takes to move her sideways.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven has Harald come into the room with everyone.
If the Trogs had weapons then I will hand one to Harald and motion for him to watch the door.
I will then go and hold the rope as instructed with Timmorel, glad to have eaten two helpings at every sitting and for the slimness of the wench. (I am what you might call a "full" gospel preacher! ba da boom!"