Chapter 5: The Rescue

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: someone might want to slit the throats of the sleeping trogs if they can't join melee. Has harold gotten over his nausea yet?)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

These are troglodytes, Shybolt, nobody is "getting over" the stench for some time. Note that those I stated were overcome will suffer the penalties of troglodyte stench for at least this entire combat.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven shakes his head, trying to clear his thoughts, apparently the stench reminded hm of dwarven Brother Junthor's dirty socks that he kept under his cot in the dormitory.
He attempts to sidestep the remains of Haralds last meal now coating the walls and floor of the corridor, and while trying his best not to retch himself he asks if the girl is OK?
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt stabbed at the remaining troglodyte, wounding it. It struck back at him, slashing him with a claw; it ignored Grumm, who was standing back with his weapon held out in front of him. Timorel, still hacking and choking, tried to get close enough to help his comrades, but the pit was in his way. Looking down, he saw that the pit was quite deep... he couldn't make out the bottom. Then he heard a low growl, faint with distance, issue from the pit.

The rope suspending Irena over the pit was long; a substantial coil of excess rope lay beneath the tie-off ring. Timorel deduced that she was to be lowered carefully into the pit, so that it would not be the fall, but whatever laired below that killed her.

Shybolt took 3 points of damage.

Shybolt, Grumm, and Timorel have the initiative, while Brother Arven is slow this round.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt slings his blood at the trogs eyes and slashes at the trog once again. He'll also call out, "A little help here would be apprecioated."
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will attack. What the hey - nobody lives forever.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Holding for an action from Timorel.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

(OOC: Sorry, guys. Work's crazy right now.)
Solomoriah wrote:Timorel, still hacking and choking, tried to get close enough to help his comrades, but the pit was in his way.
Just checking, but only Arven and Harald were affected by the trog stench, right?

Either way, Timorel will go around the pit to engage the standing trog. If he can get a swing in this round, all the better.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Oops, sorry about that. Timorel did indeed make his save.

Quick-witted Shybolt attacked again, and again his aim was true. Grumm also took a swipe at the monster, but missed. Timorel ran around the pit, coming up behind the troglodyte, and slashed at it, but was only able to cause a flesh wound.

The monster howled in fear and anger, turning and stepping back against the wall; it seemed the adventurers had it at bay.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

In Lizardman, Shybolt shouts, "Down on the ground! Face first!" If the trog doesn't immediately comply, Shybolt will step in and attack the trog.

If he has to attack the trog, he will also shout to Timorrel and Grumm, "We must finish this before the others wake up."