Chapter 5: The Rescue

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 5: The Rescue

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I'm for kicking in the door and raising hell. Let the chips fall where they may. Open the door, cast sleep, firing in range weapons then leap in to grab the girl and run. perhaps leave an oil trap somewhere in the passage to protect our escape. I do believe that the opposite side of that room will lead to the statue room that we could not get through the door.

But I do not hold to this plan if the group should choose other wise."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Hm," Timorel says thoughtfully. "Well, we could be flexible. We won't really know the best course of action until we see what's inside that door. If it's two score trogs, we run and then turn on them in the corridor where they can't swamp us. If it looks like we can take the lot without killing the girl, we go with Shybolt's plan. If it's something unexpected, we do something else. What say you?"
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Agreed, with the exception that if its two score I am not stopping until I am in the middle of town.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"Unless you need me to participate in this plan by absorbing a few of the Trogs attacks, I will be retiring to the rear of the party again to provide the same service should we be attacked from behind." Brother Arven says. He also hands over his flask of oil should it be needed for the plan. "With that said though, I give my vote for Master Shybolts plan of recon by attack, and then decide what to do at that point. The oil in the hall may be a decent idea, but we may also cut off our only escape should these self same trogs come at us from the rear while we are attacking. As has been pointed out, there is another way out of the yonder room, and if they can hold us long enough, we could find ourselves outflanked."
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
jstater

Post by jstater »

Very well. Let us scout the room and then act accordingly.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Nekron99 wrote:"The oil in the hall may be a decent idea, but we may also cut off our only escape should these self same trogs come at us from the rear while we are attacking. As has been pointed out, there is another way out of the yonder room, and if they can hold us long enough, we could find ourselves outflanked."
"If they get on both sides of us, we'll be dead anyway. Also, we don't know that there is another way out of that room. The area with the battle and lizard statues didn't really seem to be a part of these tunnels."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

With the group in agreement shybolt will hand over 2 of his oil flasks (w/wick & wax cover) to whoever wants to set the proposed oil barricade. "be sure to provide us a space to run past this without trekking through the oil."

Then he will give water and a ration to Harold and tell him to gather his strength and prepare to flee with us when we run back this way. After that he will scout back up the passage to the room he found Harold listening and watching for any new activity. Once there and once he knows the others are following him he will move silently and slowly down the west passage toward the door, watching the floor, walls and ceiling carefully. Once at the door he visually inspect the door to see how it opens and whether a lock is evident. he will then listen at the door and then wait for the others.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven pulls Harald along with him, keeping him in the rear of the party. He gives Harald a lit torch just in case he has to run at least he will be able to see.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not going to ask you to explain your plan to me; I just want you all to post (a) who's opening the door, and (b) where everyone is standing when the door is opened. BTW, the door opens toward you, hinges on the right.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Can Shybolt hear anything on the other side of the door?