Chapter 4: Regrouping

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
jstater

Re: Chapter 4: Regrouping

Post by jstater »

Grumm: "Time is exactly the problem. If we start getting heroic, we're going to get ourselves killed. Hell - we warned them this could happen. If that bastard of an innkeeper hadn't insisted on getting rich off our labor, we could have hired some extra help and maybe dealt with those trogs. Personally, I'd let the selfish sonuvabitch end up in a trog stew pot, but the wench - she's another story."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I'm with Grumm. Looks like we don't need to pay him that percentage now."
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"I have two healing prayers ready, unless one of you feels that you need one, I am ready to go look for the inn keep and the girl." Brother Arven says, excited at the prospect of going again into the depths of the inn's bowels. The he stops and thinks....Bowels?....nah, caverns, or even catacombs, yeah catacombs had a more heroic sound. Note to self in memoirs it will be called catacombs not bowels.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Looking around the cellar, Shybolt found one of Irena's slippers, upside down behind a barrel near the hole in the wall.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"A slipper. We must try this on every maiden in the kingdom and I shall marry whoever it fits. I suppose we should start with the girl the trogs drug down to the grotto beneath the tavern."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

jstater wrote:Grumm: "If that bastard of an innkeeper hadn't insisted on getting rich off our labor, we could have hired some extra help and maybe dealt with those trogs."
"What?" Timorel asks. "Has someone gotten rich while I wasn't looking? Last I checked we'd hauled in just enough filthy lucre to hire a boy to shine each of our boots. In any case, if we're going back down, we'd better have breakfast first."

While Shybolt searches the cellar, Timorel quickly checks to see if anything edible is in the kitchen, preferably something that can be eaten on the go.

"I wonder how long we were gone?" he calls out as he searches. "I suspect there might be some kind of time distortion on the far side of that bloody door."
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven, after returning from his room fully armed and armored, helps Timorel search and prepare food and supplies for the group stops and then yells out to Grumm. "Grumm, you are from here, are there no other paths down into the ruins below that may provide us a different path, one perhaps not so obvious and probably guarded now?" "Certainly over the years someone else has dug and broken through to the dark chambers below." "Timorel, why do you think that the trogs took the inn keep and the girl? I mean, Shybolt is small, he could even be considered cute by their in-human standards, he smells enough that they might consider him a long lost cousin even, and he was covered in that cursed blood."
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm: "I've never heard of another entrance to the tunnels. I think it would have come up at some point."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Nekron99 wrote:"Timorel, why do you think that the trogs took the inn keep and the girl? I mean, Shybolt is small, he could even be considered cute by their in-human standards, he smells enough that they might consider him a long lost cousin even, and he was covered in that cursed blood."
"I suspect the inn keeper and girl were taken before we arrived. Otherwise, we'd have had our throats slit in the night," Timorel replies. "And speaking of Shybolt, what about his bleeding problem?"
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

"Ah, I see your point, yes I should have guessed as much. So much for the rumors of clerics having high wisdom eh? Brother Arven is also going to search the area for spare torches, waterskins, wine to fill them, and anything else that might be useful like rope or candles.