Chapter 3: Trying Again

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Chapter 3: Trying Again

Post by Solomoriah »

The next morning dawned wet and dreary, but the adventurers didn't care, as they were going below ground anyway. The breakfast served in the tavern was rather plain, but filling, and soon the party was ready to proceed.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 3: Trying Again

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt led the way down into the cellar carrying a lit torch in his left hand and his shortsword in his right. He'll stop at the top of the cellar stairs to scope out the room below for any changes from the day before. He'll go down slowly to the opening in the brick wall expecting an attack from some early risers from below. If there is nothing alarming, especially on the ceiling, he'll continue down the stairs keeping an eye and ear open for any changes. Near the bottom, before the light from his torch shows into the open room below he will stop and listen again. If he hears nothing he will continue down and at the bottom, peek into the room.

He will hope that everyone is following behind him.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Arven also has a torch in one hand and his mace in the other. He brings up the rear, watching and following the group to the front and occasionally to the rear for anything coming up from behind. His Holy symbol is worn on a sturdy chain around his neck within easy reach. He is excited and a bit nervious at his first dungeon delve and it shows in his constantly darting eyes. He is silently mouthing a prayer as he walks.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will take up position behind Shybolt. When Shybolt is looking left, Grumm will be looking right, and so on.

"I suggest we look to see if something has disturbed the dead trogs."
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The adventurers found the first room empty and apparently undisturbed since the day before.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel takes his place as third in line. He holds his drawn sword in his right hand with the blade resting on his right shoulder. His left is free (since Arven has a torch). He is constantly scanning for anything unusual on walls or etc., looking up at the ceiling and down at the floor, and about every few paces glancing back to check on Arven.
Solomoriah wrote:The adventurers found the first room empty and apparently undisturbed since the day before.
Didn't we leave the trogs in the hallway to the north?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Are you asking me? Or is your character asking the party?
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

(OOC: Solomoriah: I should have marked that OOC. By 'first room,' do you mean the open area at the foot of the stairs?)
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Arven is remembering the time he was just a new acolyte at the monestary, he and several other young boys were playing "adventurer" in the crypts under the main chapel. He became seperated from the rest, and only had a small nub of a candle which finally burned out leaving him in total darkness. He did not panic until he heard a voice, seemingly inches from his face tell him to leave the places of the dead to the dead. His scream brought the rest of the boys, as well as half the monestary running. He has seemed to hold a strange interest for the realms of the undead ever since, and a slight fear of the dark. (Hence the torch.)
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

OOC: Forgot that I had a shield, can I carry a torch in my shield hand? If not then my mace will have to hang at my belt, torch in my R hand, shield on the L.