Chapter 3: Trying Again

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
jstater

Re: Chapter 3: Trying Again

Post by jstater »

Grumm: "Have at it halfling - we'll wait around the corner."

At that, he'll step around the corner but keep his eyes on the thief in case he is ambushed.
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Arven will stand at the corner (trying to avoid stepping in Trog guts) south of the trapped door watching the southern passage and listening intently for sounds of, well, pretty much anything.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"What good are you doing me around a corner and 70' away," grumbles Shybolt.
"Kelp your bows ready if you are going to stay back here,"

He'll then scout to the door checking ceiling walls and floor extra carefully, listening carefully and trying to smell anything other than dead Trog. At the door he'll listen again Then inspect it for traps and whether or not it is locked.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Hywaywolf wrote:"What good are you doing me around a corner and 70' away," grumbles Shybolt.
"Kelp your bows ready if you are going to stay back here,"
A reasonable question, Timorel says. Shall we move up in case something nasty answers the door? To Arven, he points out the trap door and says, Opening that will get you broiled.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just a note: If one of you describes a course of action, and another suggests altering it, I will wait until the first player replies before proceeding. So I'm waiting for Shybolt, at the moment.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm: "If our scout is inefficient at detecting and disarming traps, better three survive to carry on. When it comes time to open the door, I'll move forward and do the deed."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(ooc: I don't know what they are doing behind me. I am continuing my action whatever they do. oh, and if I recall correctly its the scout who opened the last tough door to open ;) )
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

jstater wrote:Grumm: "If our scout is inefficient at detecting and disarming traps, better three survive to carry on. When it comes time to open the door, I'll move forward and do the deed."
Timorel shrugs and keeps breathing through the fabric of his cloak. He assumes Shybolt will signal Grumm when he's ready to open the door.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Shybolt carefully approached the door. It was ordinary enough, an unmarked, dark wooden door, apparently in good repair... he thought it might not even be stuck.

But it was wet. The entire door glistened with dampness of some sort. Shybolt wasn't sure what to make of it. Strangely, it didn't seem to drip or run down the door, and there was no puddle on the floor.

He wondered if it was safe to touch it...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm (assuming Shybolt has related his findings to the rest of us): "Timorel - have you any spells that might open the door from a distance?"