Chapter 3: Trying Again

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Nekron99

Re: Chapter 3: Trying Again

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven steps forward towards Shybolt seeking to render assistance, goaded from his shock by Grumms command. He seems oblivious to the danger that Shybolt is preparing to bring upon the group.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Timorel sheaths his sword and steps into Shybolt's path, his right hand raised. "Shybolt!" he calls out. Whatever happens here, Timorel will do his best to not get blood on his skin, but he won't move out of the way either.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"What do you want? Lets open that door."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"Your eyes, nose and ears are bleeding. Let Brother Arven check you before we go further."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt brushed his face with the back of his hand and checked it to look for blood. "Am I?"
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Indeed, you are. The blood appears to be real. The queasiness has almost passed, and the bleeding is evidently slow but continuous.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Shybolt stares aghast at the blood on the back of his hands, then shakes it off. "Tis just a scratch. I've gone this far, I might as well finish this mad caper. No one has to stay. If the statues attack me I'll fight defensively and use a fighting retreat back to the door where you guys can slam the door shut as I come back through ... If I live that long."

Shybolt pauses, then continues. "I have to know if I can get to that door."
Nekron99

Post by Nekron99 »

Brother Arven looks Shybolt over quickly, then says to Timorel "Indeed, his wounds, such as they are, do not appear life threatening, but this bleeding without reason does concern me. I do not want to force the holy powers upon any unwilling person though. I feel the choice is his to make, if he feels that he is still capable of moving forward with the plan then so be it."
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

"And then what? Even if the blood from the door allows him to reach the far door unharmed, will his bleeding stop before he dies, or before he becomes so weak a child could slit his throat? And what of the rest of us? No, this is a kind of madness. It's time to leave this cursed place."
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"Then you may leave, Master Timorel. I have gone too far, risked to much, to turn back now. I will make the attempt to get to that door. I do not ask any one else to risk their lives, so back away now or lend a hand."

With that Shybolt will walk around Timorel and prepare himself to fight defensively as he moves between the two statues.

(OOC: I know this may be a foolhardy move, but the gold lust is on me and this cavern system has not been all that forthcoming with the riches yet. If you guys choose to move into the corridor and wait to see how this turns out I won't have any problem with that. )