Chapter 1: The Descent

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Chapter 1: The Descent

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Solomoriah wrote:I'm unclear... is Timorel going to cast sleep? He thinks he may be able to do so without including any party members, but it depends on initiative.
I was just trying to figure out what was possible. Your second sentence there tells me what I needed to know.

Timorel sets his torch down and prepares to cast Sleep. He keeps his sword in hand in case the trogs close too quickly.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne keeps out of Shybolts line of fire, but if/when the Trogs close to melee range he will step up beside of Grumm to block (hopefully) the hallway.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Everything seemed to happen at once... even as Timorel chanted his spell, the troglodytes fell upon the front line, with Grumm and Dorne striking seemingly at the same moment, just a scant second after Shybolt's arrow flew wide past the trogs. Despite their armor, both Grumm and Dorne were struck glancing blows by the lead trogs. Dorne's strike was poorly aimed and did no harm to his opponent, but Grumm's blow was true, wounding the largest troglodyte.

Then Timorel finished his chant, and three of the troglodytes fell suddenly asleep, leaving Grumm facing the only remaining opponent.

Even as he drew back for another blow, Grumm was overcome by the horrible stench of the creatures, as were Dorne and Timorel. Only Shybolt had a strong enough stomach to ignore the terrible odor.

Grumm took 2 points of damage, Dorne took 1. Everyone except Dorne has initiative next round. Remember all except Shybolt will have a penalty to hit. Remember that you can't do a coup de grace while an opponent is still active. Incidentally, all the initiative rolls, after adjustment, were the same this round... 6. I never saw that happen before.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Not sure what I can do with the Dorne and Grumm in front of me fighting one trog, so I will hold my action and cover them with my bow waiting to see what happens. If I get a clean shot I will take it or if one of them goes down opening up a lane of fire I will shoot.

To Timorel I will say, "Nice spellwork. Watch behind us for more surprises."

(OOC: Just for the record, Shybolt has a +6 to hit when at short range, correct?)
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will do his best to ignore the stench and fight away.

"Egad! We must remember to buy nosegays the next time we're above ground."
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Fighting back his revulsion, Timorel will take a swing at the trog if he can do so without getting in anyone's way. If he can't, he'll keep an eye on the other corridor and wait for an opportunity.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Holding for a post from Dorne.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne will continue to stand by Grumm, and attack the trog.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will attack the troglodyte attacking Dorne. Can't go losing our cleric, now can we!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: I am confused. I thought 3 trogs fell to the sleep spell with one still standing? Did the spell only last 1 round and if so, how did they all get back up so fast?)