Chapter 1: The Descent

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Hywaywolf

Re: Chapter 1: The Descent

Post by Hywaywolf »

Which way did the door open, against the west wall or toward the east? I ask because I wonder if it opens to the east if I can tie the rope to the door handle and pull it open from down the east passage. If so, then shybolt will shut the door attach the rope and urge everyone to back down the east hallway. where he will hope the trap has time to reset. He'll hand the rope off to Dorne (who doesn't have a bow and say, "Lets burn them and range them the first attack and maybe the 2nd, before we get into close quarters."
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm will rush to the head of the party, glaive ready for combat.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

How many are there and how far away are they?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:Which way did the door open, against the west wall or toward the east?[/color]
Toward the west wall. Sorry.
jstater wrote:Grumm will rush to the head of the party, glaive ready for combat.
Sir Bedivere wrote:How many are there and how far away are they?
Grumm readied his glaive and moved to intercept the oncoming trogs. He could see that there were at least four of them, though the gloom might hide more of them.

After I see orders from Dorne, I'll post initiative and we'll get this party started.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

About how far away are they? Could Timorel cast Sleep and get all the trogs he can see without also getting Grumm in the area of effect? (Say, if he cast it behind the visible trogs far enough back that they'd get caught in it but not Grumm.)

Also, I am assuming that once we're in melee that Sleep won't be that useful because we'll be too mixed in w/ the trogs and Timorel would also get his own people w/ the spell. Is that correct?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

(OOC: I say cast sleep anyway. If Grumm is rash enough to rush into melee when all of us have range weapons then he'll just have to hope he saves. I fully intend to fire into melee. There is no point in rushing in first when we can use a round or two of arrows, before getting in pain range.)

Since the door opens to the West, Shybolt will forget trying to use it as a trap. he will stay out of melee/smell range and shoot his bow at the Trogs as soon as they round the corner.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

Dorne moves to back up Grumm, trying to stay to one side to allow Shybolt and Timorel to shoot past him, once melee starts he will move beside Grumm and try to block the passageway.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Grumm was rushing to the head of the party to get in the front line for combat - he wasn't rushing toward the troglodytes.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm unclear... is Timorel going to cast sleep? He thinks he may be able to do so without including any party members, but it depends on initiative.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

So to make sure I understand this, we were all in the east/west corridor when timorel hears a noise and calls out. At that time we see trogs coming around the corner from the southern, short east/west corridor into the north/south corridor? The leading trogs are 30' away?

If so and to clear up any confusion in my action, Shybolt will stand against the wall in the square to the right of the door and will loose an arrow at the leading trog. He'll also call to timorel, "Cast sleep at the end of the hall, maybe it will get whatever's around the corner as well."