Out of Character Chat

This forum is for Solomoriah's playtest adventures in the town of Redbluff.
Sir Bedivere

Re: Out of Character Chat

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Copied from Chapter 1:
Hywaywolf wrote:(OOC: I know sleep doesn't work on the undead. And I don't see any reason to put off what I am gonna do eventually anyway. We will search these niches sooner or later, might as well get it out of the way. let the bones fall where they may.)
Didn't mean to nag. I (the player) laughed when Shybolt ran for the horn, but at the same time, Timorel's been killed once already, so if I play Timorel the way I see him, he'll be pretty anxious about taking risks like this. Timorel's comment about sleep not affecting the undead wasn't aimed at Hywaywolf, it was aimed at Shybolt, Grumm, and Dorne.

As far as I don't see any reason to put off what I am gonna do eventually anyway, I'm not buying it. Shybolt's a hoot, but running down a hall full of potentially animated skeletons only half-checking for traps is not what we were all going to do anyway. It's just the way you want to play the character. Which is the way you should play him, of course.
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Come on, there is no way that we wont trip whatever the trap is that's waiting for us. :)

Here is how Shybolt sees it. He's only known this group for a few days and feels he's been carrying the load for everyone else. he's hardly been scratched in these battles and he has killed a fair share of the beasties. Grumm is a local, so can't be totally trusted either although he has been useful in a fight even if he can't bash in doors as good as a halfling :) (gotta love open door roll shenanigans). And shybolt half suspects Dorne and Timorel were tracking him for, ahem, "crimes" he may have committed in other places. Even if they are what they appear to be (fellow travelers) as far as Shybolt can tell, Timorel is a traveling salesman who didn't last 60 seconds in the dungeon before he was put out of commission :). And then seemed a bit absentminded about the elfish "trap" we found in the other room. (nicely played btw). Shybolt still isn't sure about Dorne's fighting abilities yet, although he has been in the thick of it and killed a couple baddies, but he always seems to be in the rear "watching or backs" (shybolt is an ass aint he).

So Shybolt isn't to sure how long we will be down here before the rest of you get killed. He wants to get what loot can be got before that happens :)

BTW, shybolt isn't running down the hall. It takes a round to search 10' of wall, he's taking a round to search 20' of wall. And that's what he did in the last room, went in first and circled the room to see if he would survive. No one complained then :)
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Hywaywolf wrote:Come on, there is no way that we wont trip whatever the trap is that's waiting for us. :)
One can hope ...
Hywaywolf wrote:Grumm is a local, so can't be totally trusted either although he has been useful in a fight even if he can't bash in doors as good as a halfling :) (gotta love open door roll shenanigans).
That whole scene was pretty funny, and your quip when it opened was perfect. You've got dialog down.
Hywaywolf wrote:And shybolt half suspects Dorne and Timorel were tracking him for, ahem, "crimes" he may have committed in other places.
:o Surely he means "alleged crimes," which he never committed, and even if he did, they had it coming.
Hywaywolf wrote:... as far as Shybolt can tell, Timorel is a traveling salesman who didn't last 60 seconds in the dungeon before he was put out of commission :).
You know, I feel like I've had this discussion about Magic-Users before somewhere ...
Hywaywolf wrote:So Shybolt isn't to sure how long we will be down here before the rest of you get killed. He wants to get what loot can be got before that happens :)
:lol:
Hywaywolf wrote:BTW, shybolt isn't running down the hall. It takes a round to search 10' of wall, he's taking a round to search 20' of wall. And that's what he did in the last room, went in first and circled the room to see if he would survive. No one complained then :)
We weren't outnumbered 10-1 by lizard skeletons in that room, either.
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Actually, I meant to say one turn per 10' of wall so if I speed that up 50% I am still spending 25 minutes to get to the other end of the room. surely you guys can do all the planning and preparation you want to do in that time.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Wow. I'd forgotten it took that long. Maybe instead of the weaponry, those of us by the door should break out the lattes and playing cards. As a thief and elf (secret doors) I guess I could be checking the other side of the room and we'd get done (or killed) in half the time ...
Sir Bedivere
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

If thats what you want to do, but I don't think any of us would mind if you stayed behind the meat shields until you pick up a few more hitpoints. I can survive a few hits while I am running like a bat out of hell for the door.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I don't see anyone offering any other advice or taking any other actions so I am taking the horn. And may god have mercy on our souls.
jstater

Post by jstater »

Okay - we have a bit of treasure. I suppose we need to press on. If it were a goodly sum of coin, I would consider leaving the dungeon and looking for some henchmen to help with the fighting. Question is - where do we go from here? I'll put in a vote for north, for no particular reason.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I like north as well. probably won't work out this way, but since there is only one way North, we'll clear it quicker than the other direction where there are two passages near each other. But let me make sure there aren't any secret doors in this east wall of this room.

And we don't know whats in the top couple of rows of niches because Shybolt is only 3' tall and he didn't climb up there to look in every one. There could be stacks of gold up there. You tall folks should check it out.
Maliki

Post by Maliki »

North works for me. Dorne has decided that the halfling is either very skilled or is very lucky, either way he will follow where Shybolt leads.